Lambrecht Chevrolet Collection of Classic and Collector Cars

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Lambrecht Chevrolet Collection of Classic and Collector Cars

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

The Lambrecht Chevrolet Collection of Classic and Collector Cars saved away by a dealership in Nebraska, some with as few as 1 mile on them will be auctioned September 28th 2013. This has been an urban legend for many years about the guy with the dealership who took in trades and held on to them and held onto carry over cars to never sell them. This is an amazing barn find like you have never seen. The Under The Hood Radio Show will be there for the auction as they sell all these rare barn finds to very lucky new owners. Like facebook.com/underthehoodshow for updates from us and watch for a special interview and more on Under The Hood with Auctioneer Yvette Vanderbrink who is conducting the auction. You may never see another collection of rare survivor cars in one location for auction of this size. Just a few of the rare survivor cars with very low mileage and never sold are a 1978 Corvette Pace Car, A Cameo Chevy Truck, A 64 Impala and more! Not all of the cars are low mile, some are parked outside and range from parts to very restorable. No matter how you see it this is a piece of automotive history not to be missed that may only come once in a lifetime.

Enjoy, :D Danny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9i9kBqFlA

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=135
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: Lambrecht Chevrolet Collection of Classic and Collector

Postby robfisher » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm a little slow in thanking you for this heads up. Because of this post I was early enough to get reservations within 75 miles of the auction. This is going to be one big event.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mary and bob » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Why is the good stuff always on the other side of the country from me?? Yvette said they will be taking remote bids, probably by phone? I have my own urban legend, 1977 Bronco body still on the shipping skid stuck away in an old barn. Fact or legend ??? :NC
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby Aaron Coffee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Did you buy anything? I've been kicking myself for not going over and looking(as it is only about an hour away).
Aaron
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robfisher » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:58 pm

The auction fully lived up to my highest expectation. Everything was way beyond my pocketbook. Advertising yardsticks were selling for $25, advertising posters in the $1000 range and a pedal car at $16,000. I didn't buy a thing. But I'm so glad we went.

My dad and I went together and the 5 days were some of the finest days of my life. This may be the last road trip I ever get to do with my 80 year old dad. We had over 45 hours of windshield time. Dad told me stories of his life I had never heard before. He shared much of his career in detail and I learned so much of how he became the great man that he is.

The auction itself was crazy fun. People called it the Woodstock of the car world and it lived up to that name pretty well. Far too many people for the limited facilitites out in a muddy field, overrunning the few food vendors and looooong lines at the prota-potties. I don't think the organizers considered the average age of the prostates that showed up.

Cars that were complete crushers averaged about $1200. Anything even remotely restoreable was around $10,000 and anything that looked like an average project car was probably close to $20,000. They went all the way up to $140,000. Just crazy! But fun. And I'm sure some of those cars will show up at Barrett-Jackson earning a nice bit of money to those who were willing to take the risk. Just a little out of my game, though.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PKCSPT » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:35 am

I love trips like that with my mom. Somehow they turn out better than planned.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby mary and bob » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Rob; I read in Old Cars Weekly that the yardsticks started out going for $200 each, and after awhile they were bundling them 5 at a time for $400. History Channel had a 3 hour show after the first day of the auction. I watched it in our Uhaul camper with a father/son pair while at a vintage camper rally in Vermont. I remember commenting on the fact that I didn't see any food or restroom facilities at all. Some of the cars looked to be in fairly good shape. Great that you got to attend, it had to have been an interesting experience.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby tonyj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 pm

robfisher wrote:The auction fully lived up to my highest expectation. Everything was way beyond my pocketbook. Advertising yardsticks were selling for $25, advertising posters in the $1000 range and a pedal car at $16,000. I didn't buy a thing. But I'm so glad we went.

My dad and I went together and the 5 days were some of the finest days of my life. This may be the last road trip I ever get to do with my 80 year old dad. We had over 45 hours of windshield time. Dad told me stories of his life I had never heard before. He shared much of his career in detail and I learned so much of how he became the great man that he is.

The auction itself was crazy fun. People called it the Woodstock of the car world and it lived up to that name pretty well. Far too many people for the limited facilitites out in a muddy field, overrunning the few food vendors and looooong lines at the prota-potties. I don't think the organizers considered the average age of the prostates that showed up.

Cars that were complete crushers averaged about $1200. Anything even remotely restoreable was around $10,000 and anything that looked like an average project car was probably close to $20,000. They went all the way up to $140,000. Just crazy! But fun. And I'm sure some of those cars will show up at Barrett-Jackson earning a nice bit of money to thosewere willing to take the risk. Just a little out of my game, though.

Very touched by your post, and envious that you attended. And you are so right--we live in an age of prostates! Hilarious.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Off Topic