They're coming, I know they're coming

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

They're coming, I know they're coming

Postby Kody » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:32 am

What's coming? Those chewing, stabbing, horrific Hyenas are coming back. AKA, Green Eyed March or deer flies. A couple of them flew into the garage and out before I could kill them. Nothing we have used will keep them away. The only place of safety is inside the house which is what Kody (my German Shepherd) does. We are also having a run of mozzies that come as a cloud which is quite strange as we have had no rain for months and the ground is just dry dirt. The summer looks like it will be a very hot season this year. At least it is cooler up here on the coast of the tropic of Capricorn than it is down south. We love it so much to be living on the coast of the Coral Sea.
On the extreme side and also the most heartbreaking news to hear, was that the police have arrested a 16 year old for deliberately lighting bush fires. I think the report was that he lit 10 fires, one of which totally destroyed a family home. I would love to get this piece of trash and flog the stuffing out of him before he was flung in jail. There are already 60 bush fires burning, most of which are out of control. We all hope and pray that Australia wont suffer another disaster that wiped out an entire town in Victoria a few years ago. The fire seasons are becoming worse than ever and there is so much fuel now on the ground.
I have to find a way to combat the Hyenas, it is impossible to work outside or in the garage/workshop when they come.

Kody :(
Never be afraid to ask questions here, Prov. 11:14
Kody
The 300 Club

Re: They're coming, I know they're coming

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:30 pm

What about a screenhouse?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Kody » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm

YES!! That's the dirty rotten vicious Hyena! And thats the same size as the ones we have. I reckon I could run 1" chicken wire all around and over the garage to keep the scum out. Oh man, they are so huge down here, exactly the size as depicted in your photo. I hate these things so much!!!! :x
Give me sand flies any day, I am fully immune to those little fellas. I think you guys call them "No-see-ums".
No-see-ums? No problems. Cute little fellas. :beer:

Kody
Never be afraid to ask questions here, Prov. 11:14
Kody
The 300 Club

Postby rebapuck » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:10 am

What about one of those screens that fit over the garage door? Smaller ones are sold to fit doorways, but I've seen them for garages too. They overlap to ease coming and going.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Roo Dog » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Joe,

Not too many bities down our way.
A few bitey flies around March, not a problem as a bit of spray on keeps them away and they are just a few.
It is a good part of Oz when it comes to the lack of wee bitey beasties.

RD :)
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Return to Off Topic