Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:53 pm

mikeschn wrote:...
4) drink less beer when building teardrops! :thinking:

Mike...

I think #4 just may be the ticket!

Todah :lol:
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Postby aggie79 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Back in the days when I when was (much) younger -around 30-35 - and had the willpower, I followed a diet plan similar to your blended diet plan for athletic training for soccer and running. I did eat five small meals a day instead of the traditional three. This helped to smooth out the blood sugar levels and increase metabolism. Although I ate less food on the five-meal-a-day plan I felt like I had a full stomach and didn't have the carbohydrate cravings as I did during the gaps in the three-meal plan.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Bigdogpc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am

DIET is a four letter word that instantly makes me hungry! 6 months, 47 pounds lost and still going but it gets tougher every day. Atkins and I didn't do well, the weight loss was very slow, then not at all. What is working for me is trying to do 1500 calories a day. I have no problem with bacon as I don't care for it but I LOVE sausages... Like they say when you are dieting, "If it tastes good, spit it out!" I watched the video a good while back but the idea of drinking all that stuff didn't work for me.
Bigdogpc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Redgloves » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am

Good old fashioned idea of counting calories, increasing vegetables and fruit, lots of water, limiting myself to one diet soda and 1 to 2 beers or drinks on the weekend, and loving the gym have been my key to successful weight loss. Think to yourself: are the calories worth it? The cookies, cake and pie have to be outstanding before I will put them into the mouth.

I hate every bit of the plan, but it works and I feel wonderful.
Geocacher, healthcare provider, mom and women with not enough common sense regarding personal safety when it comes to adventure outings!

Owner:
Uff Da Inn, a 2015 Camp Inn 560
Redgloves
The 300 Club

Postby jstrubberg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:54 am

Most people don't get nearly enough fruits and veggies. The solution to this is not to eat nothing but fruits and veggies!

Eat less, move more (I think in the US our biggest problem is the latter). Make sure half of what you eat is fruits and veggies. Stay away from refined carbs and overprocessed food in general.

Most of all, avoid excess. Nothing is good for you in large amounts.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic