Fabulous Giant Sequoias Video

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Fabulous Giant Sequoias Video

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Since I bought a Roku, I have all of these great videos, easily accessible, at my finger tips. I especially enjoyed this one about Giant Sequoias and you will too!

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_preston_on_the_giant_trees.html

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Fabulous Giant Sequoias Video

Postby Larry C » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Todah Tear wrote:Since I bought a Roku, I have all of these great videos, easily accessible, at my finger tips. I especially enjoyed this one about Giant Sequoias and you will too!

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_preston_on_the_giant_trees.html

Todah

Excellent!!!! Thanks for sharing........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 am

This video told me things that I might never have known otherwise. It allows us each to go up to the top of these trees and see things that we could probably never see any other way. ...Amazing! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 pm

S. Heisley wrote:This video told me things that I might never have known otherwise. It allows us each to go up to the top of these trees and see things that we could probably never see any other way. ...Amazing! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :applause:

...that's for sure. I can't imagine sleeping in a bed that elevated off the ground. I have seen videos of rock climbers who do that on side of mountains in Yosimete...these would be the same people who would make great roofers or home inspectors. One time, I climbed upon to of my roof with a home that I was going to purchase the home inspector to look at the roof, I couldn't get down fast enough! :worship: :lol:

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Todah Tear wrote:
...I can't imagine sleeping in a bed that elevated off the ground. I have seen videos of rock climbers who do that on side of mountains in Yosimete...these would be the same people who would make great roofers or home inspectors. One time, I climbed upon to of my roof with a home that I was going to purchase the home inspector to look at the roof, I couldn't get down fast enough! :worship: :lol:

Todah

I'm with you on that! I once spent about 20 minutes, hugging a roof before I got the nerve to get down off it. Other times, I'm fine. But, after that incident, I gave up climbing much higher than 8 feet. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 am

S. Heisley wrote:
Todah Tear wrote:
...I can't imagine sleeping in a bed that elevated off the ground. I have seen videos of rock climbers who do that on side of mountains in Yosimete...these would be the same people who would make great roofers or home inspectors. One time, I climbed upon to of my roof with a home that I was going to purchase the home inspector to look at the roof, I couldn't get down fast enough! :worship: :lol:

Todah

I'm with you on that! I once spent about 20 minutes, hugging a roof before I got the nerve to get down off it. Other times, I'm fine. But, after that incident, I gave up climbing much higher than 8 feet. :lol:

Well, you can see the long-term effect that the experience had on me. I couldn't even type out the experience! I'm still shaking. :lol:

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mdvaden » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 pm

In the video, around the 3:00 minute mark, the tape measure distance refers to the 2nd widest trunk of the grove this redwood is in. This tree is actually even bigger ... total wood volume ... and 2nd widest trunk in the grove.

mdvaden
Teardrop Master

Return to Off Topic