Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2013

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2013

Postby Catherine+twins » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 pm

The kids and I didn't get to take our planned trip to Carlsbad Caverns National Park over the Columbus Day weekend (no, my boss ruined the weekend plans even BEFORE the shutdown by drafting me to work Sunday evening) so we made a more local trip (only 2 hours each way) to the Balloon Fiesta. Actually, since our last trailer blew over on the way to Carlsbad the last time we planned this trip, the kids were voting for a hotel room, anyway! This saved me that expense.
:lol:
Anyway, here's my scrap"book" for the event:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6lOhxtNAlE[/youtube]

My current trailer cabin is in my step-dad's garage right now, waiting for a 5x8 trailer (I decided to upgrade--wider is better). Unfortunately, money will be tight until the shutdown ends, as I will only be working 1/3 time, so I haven't ordered the trailer yet.

Catherine and twins (now 12 years old!!!)

:wine:
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2013

Postby Esteban » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am

Catherine+twins wrote:The kids and I didn't get to take our planned trip to Carlsbad Caverns National Park over the Columbus Day weekend (no, my boss ruined the weekend plans even BEFORE the shutdown by drafting me to work Sunday evening) so we made a more local trip (only 2 hours each way) to the Balloon Fiesta. Actually, since our last trailer blew over on the way to Carlsbad the last time we planned this trip, the kids were voting for a hotel room, anyway! This saved me that expense.
:lol:
Anyway, here's my scrap"book" for the event:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6lOhxtNAlE[/youtube]

My current trailer cabin is in my step-dad's garage right now, waiting for a 5x8 trailer (I decided to upgrade--wider is better). Unfortunately, money will be tight until the shutdown ends, as I will only be working 1/3 time, so I haven't ordered the trailer yet.

Catherine and twins (now 12 years old!!!)

:wine:

:thumbsup: Thank you for sharing a beautiful video Catherine. Now that the government is going back to work I hope things get better again for you. :)

When you copy a full YouTube address it often will not work between youtube tags here unless you prune out the extra stuff.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6lOhxtNAlE[/youtube] contains extra stuff (a highly technical term) that makes it not work right.
What you want to keep is only the part after the = sign: g6lOhxtNAlE to insert between the youtube tags [youtube][/youtube] like this {youtube]g6lOhxtNAlE[/youtube}
(I changed the outer [ ] brackets to { } for illustration purposes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= was the extra stuff that was trimmed off.

My little attempt at YouTube 101. (and I'm a newbie at this)
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 pm

hey Steve thanks for the info. I did not know it either , I will file for future use.

Cathrine Beautiful, and fun...I will be there next year in late September for a convention I hope the event will be going on while I am there, If it is going to be the next weekend then I might just stay around and do a little visiting and driveway camping for a week. I hope I get to see you then!!!

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mandy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I Didn't get to go this year :( . Maybe next year we can all meet for the ball on fiesta.
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Great Idea Mandy! I know I will get there! My brothers have decided that!!!!!

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Catherine+twins » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Cool, Esteban! Thanks for the youtube fix and explanation! This was my first attempt at an imbedded video, so the help was much appreciated!

Wow, sounds like we could have quite the little non-camping/driveway-camping rally going next year!

Oh, and YEA! We never shut down at my work site, and the contingency plan for 1/3 time work never went into effect (missed it by that much), so I never missed a pay period. :) OTOH, I just spent 1/5 the price of the new trailer buying my growing son new shoes. :( I'm just glad I convinced him he can wear last spring's soccer shoes for two more game, or it would have been twice that much! Well, the next paycheck DOESN'T have mortgage or utilities coming out of it, so I'll order the trailer then. :D

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Return to Off Topic