The Red Steer is out and running.

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

The Red Steer is out and running.

Postby Kody » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:42 am

I guess you have all heard of the bush fires that are raging in the State of New South Wales down here. There have been over 300 homes lost and one life was lost by a heart attack after a true hero saved many people and got them all to safety. There are some people still unaccounted for and we all hope they are alive and well. There are about 100 fires burning and 26 of these are out of control. The volunteers serving in the rural fire brigades are outstanding in their dedication and all Australia is so thankful and so proud of them all.
On the dark side, two young girls (12 and 13) were caught after lighting a fire and have been taken in for charging and questioning. Such behavior boggles the mind and leaves one totally bewildered as to why they would do this. The fire they lit caused huge damage and fortunately no one was killed by their repulsive action. To what degree should these low life be punished?
Watching the reports and video on the news is so sad. There are so many who escaped with only the clothes on their back. The sorrow and hurt from losing beloved pets is even more heartbreaking. The worst months and resulting fires this season are yet to come.
May God have mercy on us all.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Kody

"Red Steer" is the Australian word for bush fire. It sinks fear into the hearts of all.
Never be afraid to ask questions here, Prov. 11:14
Kody
The 300 Club

Re: The Red Steer is out and running.

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:39 am

Living in California, where we deal with fires every summer, I can partially relate to your fires. However, yours are 10 times worse than ours! :shock:
It's good to hear that you are okay; but, my heart cries for those caught in those "Red Steers". The parents should have done a better job, instilling common sense and responsibility into those young girls; but, that's another story. When kids that young are sent to jail or detention facilities, it often pulls them into a life of crime and turns them into monsters. Perhaps one of the best punishments would be to slowly drive or parade those girls through the devastation that they caused and make them listen to the tales of some of those people. Also, they should have to spend months, working in that destruction, helping to clean up the area and make things right again, even though they could probably never do enough. It takes a community to raise a child, a lesson that has been lost in many areas of the world.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: The Red Steer is out and running.

Postby Kody » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm

The trauma of a disaster brings out the inner strength of the people who suffer terrible hardship so often displayed at this moment in the bush fires. Everyone is helping those who are unable to cope with the drama and fear of the moment. So many of those who are helping others are the same ones who have lost everything precious to them. The volunteer fire fighters are the true heroes of the day and every day as they are putting their own lives on the line. During the last bush fires, we lost some of those heroes who will never be forgotten.

As it did in the earlier bush fires, the disaster also brings out the lowest of the lowlife who have no heart or conscience. The order (from the Police) came to evacuate your homes and get out while you still can. Just leave and go before you were unable to go anywhere. After the people left for safety the low life moved in. These scum broke into the homes and looted them. Some of the homes were burnt to the ground but those that were unscathed were found to have been looted. If only it were legal here to shoot scum like this. It is not known if the houses that were lost were also looted before they were burnt. Looting from these suffering people becomes the ultimate and final heart break. :cry: :cry:
I know what I would do if I caught them looting our home!
Shame-shame-shame!

Kody
Never be afraid to ask questions here, Prov. 11:14
Kody
The 300 Club

Return to Off Topic