Winter with a VENGANCE ...

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Winter with a VENGANCE ...

Postby Corwin C » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:49 am

WOW ... I thought about several different expletives here

At 4:52pm on 2 Dec 2013 it was 56°F...
At 7:53am this morning (5 Dec 2013) it is -20°F.
That figures to be a 76°F temperature plummet in a mere 64 hours ... :snowstorm: ... thank goodness the wind stopped blowing!

Current weather data for Junction, Utah can be seen here.
Believe me it's worth a peek. You will be able to see the temperature drop until 12 Dec when it will scroll off the graph.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Re: Winter with a VENGANCE ...

Postby Fenlason » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:59 am

Corwin C wrote:WOW ... I thought about several different expletives here

That figures to be a 76°F temperature plummet in a mere 64 hours ... :snowstorm: ... thank goodness the wind stopped blowing!

Current weather data for Junction, Utah can be seen here.
Believe me it's worth a peek. You will be able to see the temperature drop until 12 Dec when it will scroll off the graph.

yeah… that's a little painful of a change. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Just think how confused trees, plants, and livestock are feeling! ...And COLD!
Yes, a three letter WOW! works good, here. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Quite a shock! :o

Hope it warms up for you fast.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby M C Toyer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 pm

[quote="Corwin C"]WOW ... I thought about several different expletives here

=================

Can't beat that but we also had a bit of weather shock in the normally sunny southland.

I was kayaking on the Kiamichi below Fort Towson (OK) Wednesday afternoon and it was 78 degrees. Spent part of the night at Beaver's Bend then left around 4 AM to be in Mena (AR) by dawn. My plan was to drive the Talimena with the rising sun at my back and get some good photos of the approaching storm. My timing was a bit off. It was 24 degrees and foggy with a steady drizzle by the time I reached the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge. Never saw the sun but I did see ice on the trees and just beginning to form on the road. I stayed with it but in retrospect probably shouldn't have; a white knuckle drive for sure.

Not too bad in the flatlands with sleet and freezing rain on the way home to Texas Thursday afternoon but we're iced over here now with a forecast of 12 degrees overnight.

A good time to stay in bed with a good book or someone who's read one.
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:11 pm

M C Toyer wrote:
Corwin C wrote:WOW ... I thought about several different expletives here

=================

Can't beat that but we also had a bit of weather shock in the normally sunny southland.

I was kayaking on the Kiamichi below Fort Towson (OK) Wednesday afternoon and it was 78 degrees. Spent part of the night at Beaver's Bend then left around 4 AM to be in Mena (AR) by dawn. My plan was to drive the Talimena with the rising sun at my back and get some good photos of the approaching storm. My timing was a bit off. It was 24 degrees and foggy with a steady drizzle by the time I reached the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge. Never saw the sun but I did see ice on the trees and just beginning to form on the road. I stayed with it but in retrospect probably shouldn't have; a white knuckle drive for sure.

Not too bad in the flatlands with sleet and freezing rain on the way home to Texas Thursday afternoon but we're iced over here now with a forecast of 12 degrees overnight.

A good time to stay in bed with a good book or someone who's read one.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Return to Off Topic