Sick of the NFL and the supposed bad play calls

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Sick of the NFL and the supposed bad play calls

Postby oakinteriors1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I did a little research after todays bad blatant play calls that determine if one team would go to the playoffs......
After finding this guys Blog and reading through it...... What he says all makes sense and is not at all surprising...

MaximumWins's Blog
Reasons Why The NFL Is Fixed For Profit
Half way down the Blog He states, Quote:
An opportunity came up in my graduate school where I was to write my project on any topic I was to choose. So I chose researching the "Showbiz manipulations of the NFL". I picked up several books including Dan Moldea's "Interference: How Organized Crimes Influence Professional Football", Brian Touhy's "The Fix Is In" , Roger L. Martins "Fixing the Game". I checked out several TV Marketing books from the college library and also several TV Business books.

I utilized my rights under the Freedom of Information Act passed by President Lyndon Johnson in 1966 to access over 40 years of FBI files on the NFL although some information was redacted. Here's what I found:

http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWi ... rofit.html
oakinteriors1
Silver Donating Member

Re: Sick of the NFL and the supposed bad play calls

Postby oakinteriors1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Well todays game another example...
tuohyfix-thumb-200x315.jpg
tuohyfix-thumb-200x315.jpg (60.21 KiB) Viewed 1587 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP8OmDBZMsI
oakinteriors1
Silver Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:25 pm

I read the whole thing. While I hope he is wrong, there is plenty in there to think about. I am watching the Packers / 49ers now. The 49ers have had 2 serious pass interference calls let go. One on a third and goal. If the Refs make the right call it's first and goal on the one. Instead the 49ers have to take the Field goal. The announcers keep saying "their letting them play". Aaron Rodgers is playing like a High School second stringer. What gives? I should not have read this article. :lol:

Football is like a beautiful woman, until you find out she is all cosmetic surgery, and nothing is real. :cry:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Irmo Atomics » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:47 am

I've noticed the new rules that they keep coming up with. A hit will be legal one time and a penalty the next, or how they judge completed passes. It's all turning into reality TV.
Bob
Irmo Atomics
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 am

I sent this article to my Daughter and son in law. She showed me a picture of the Packer /Bear game where the play clock had expired but the refs allowed the Packers to run the play. They scored on that drive and went on to win the game. Fixed of just another bad call? I guess it depends on what team you are cheering for.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby legojenn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:57 am

It warms my heart to see that bad reffing is a part of other sports as well. I only care about hockey. I find (with my own biases) that big market teams (like Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, New York, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia) and teams from the south where there isn't any snow (or fans) are favoured over small-markets, especially the northern small-markets where us fools will watch no matter what. Ottawa recently beat Montreal on questionable calls, but it just seems that it was one break in half a decade.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Jenn, I'm a Hockey fan also. The teams that get the most attention seem to be the "original six" teams. But I must say that I think Chicago regularly gets the short end of the calls. It may be my own bias but I can't help that. :lol: If you see the abuse, Toews and Kane take compared to other elite players it just doesn't seem they get the same respect from the refs.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oakinteriors1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 am

This is a way more fitting logo for "Americas Sacred Cow" the NFL.....

And an interesting article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... rs/309448/
How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers
Taxpayers fund the stadiums, antitrust law doesn't apply to broadcast deals, the league enjoys nonprofit status, and Commissioner Roger Goodell makes $30 million a year.

And:The NFL's Dirty Secret
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012 ... ty-secret/
oakinteriors1
Silver Donating Member

Return to Off Topic