The never-ending winter

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

The never-ending winter

Postby breesha03 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:56 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to stop in and say hi to my fellow tear droppers.......and briefly complain about this seemingly never ending winter in Illinois! I'm usually in the woods finding my first batch of morels the last week of March.......and snow is forecasted yet again next week. It makes me want to drop my proverbial basket. ;)

Hope everyone is staying warm and getting geared up for the camping season.....hopefully it will get here sooner than later!!

Happy camping thoughts and well-wishes to all,

Bree
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Re: The never-ending winter

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:41 am

breesha03 wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to stop in and say hi to my fellow tear droppers.......and briefly complain about this seemingly never ending winter in Illinois! I'm usually in the woods finding my first batch of morels the last week of March.......and snow is forecasted yet again next week. It makes me want to drop my proverbial basket. ;)

Hope everyone is staying warm and getting geared up for the camping season.....hopefully it will get here sooner than later!!

Happy camping thoughts and well-wishes to all,

Bree

Hello Bree :D

While we would not be out gathering mushrooms quite that early.. we have having a lingering winter also. We had snow last night, another good sized storm predicted for next week, and temps below zero again. We try to make the best of our winter weather, but spring can come anytime for me.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby breesha03 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 am

I'm sorry to hear about your forecast......I don't think we're supposed to get much; it sounds like you all might get a sizeable amount. Hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us both and skip the snow altogether! .....we can hope, anyway. Ha!
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:41 am

breesha03 wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your forecast......I don't think we're supposed to get much; it sounds like you all might get a sizeable amount. Hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us both and skip the snow altogether! .....we can hope, anyway. Ha!

We are still wintery enough here.. that at least any new snow we might get, can be used. The lakes and such are still plenty frozen. The snow biking is still pretty good, as is the snowshoeing, skiing, and snowmobiling. Not that we snowmobile, but others going out helps make the trail rideable.

So we are ok either way. :wakka wakka: :shrug: :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby breesha03 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 pm

The phrase of the day is "make the best of it", I suppose! I used to do a lot of snowboarding, but the older I get, the less I want to be out in it, unfortunately!
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:30 pm

breesha03 wrote:The phrase of the day is "make the best of it", I suppose! I used to do a lot of snowboarding, but the older I get, the less I want to be out in it, unfortunately!

Unless that is an old picture of you in your avatar.. you don't look that old. :thinking: :NC

We are out in it most everyday. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby breesha03 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Ha! I'm 36.....but swear with each passing year I'm developing Seasonal Affective Disorder.....I get so bummed in the cold. Hopefully I'll "grow out of it"!
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:45 pm

breesha03 wrote:Ha! I'm 36.....but swear with each passing year I'm developing Seasonal Affective Disorder.....I get so bummed in the cold. Hopefully I'll "grow out of it"!

I would have said younger than that… but 36 is still young. :D Dealing with S.A.D. is even more reason to get out and play. :twisted: :snow :snow :goodmorning: 8)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:48 pm

glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby breesha03 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Ok yeah....that looks like a good time! I love snowmobiling too, but our winters usually don't yield enough snow to really have a need to buy one. Need to pull the snowboard back out, I guess. :)
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:04 pm

breesha03 wrote:Ok yeah....that looks like a good time! I love snowmobiling too, but our winters usually don't yield enough snow to really have a need to buy one. Need to pull the snowboard back out, I guess. :)

We snowmobiled growing up, although I have not done it since. I used to downhill skis and snowboard also. I haven't done that in a few years. My real passion is cycling, and those other sports cut into my cycling fitness, and budget. We bike, snowshoe, xc skis. The Fat bikes allow us to ride most anytime anywhere… and yeah it is a blast. :D Getting out in what little sun there is in the winter.. and just moving… is good… and good for you. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby 48Rob » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Bree,

I've seen them up in snow...

They seem to be running late all across the board this year.

But hey, be patient and maybe this will be your prize! ;)

Rob

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Off Topic