Help to identify antique cart

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Help to identify antique cart

Postby 48Rob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:49 am

I found an antique, or at least vintage cart, it appears to be turn of the Century to me?

It has a very low deck, which suggests it was designed to move heavy items that you wouldn't want to lift very high.

It is possible someone made it up from other old parts, but if they did, it was done a long, long time ago.
There are a number of extra holes in the iron, perhaps for adjustment of the bed size, or ?

Thank you

Rob

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Help to identify antique cart

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:22 am

I believe it's an old milk can cart. My grand father was a dairyman, he was born in 1894 so he saw a lot of changes, but in my youth (50's and 60's), the truck came and pumped from the storage tank in the barn. He had some of these that I believe they used to push the old milk cans to load on the flatbed trucks before tanker trucks. He had several of these around and we used them to put the old milk cans on to feed the young calves out of. Any way I could be 180 out but they looked just like that. :D
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 am

I think you are right on the money!

A search for milk can cart brought up multiple images of similar carts.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Rob

https://www.google.com/search?q=VINTAGE ... 05&bih=563
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:32 am

Rob, Now that you know what it is, what are your plans for it? Maybe a firewood delivery cart?
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am

Steve, that's a good idea!

I really hadn't thought too much about it, other than to use it to give rides to the grandkids.
However, my grandfather grew up on the Cedar Lane Dairy Farm in Iowa when that cart was still not so old. I have one of the milk cans from the farm...might go well together!

Rob

48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:14 pm

That could make a neat set up, with a little family history attached. Love the old picture. I wonder if 60 years from now our grand kids will be posting pictures of us standing proudly next to a Toyota Camry. :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Hmmm,

Probably not. :NC

With luck, when I'm just a picture on a wall, my grandkids will treasure the picture if not the memories.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby wagondude » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Woodbutcher wrote: I wonder if 60 years from now our grand kids will be posting pictures of us standing proudly next to a Toyota Camry. :lol:

First, you would have to find anyone that would proudly stand next to a Toyota Camry. Not likely to find that. :lol:
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Wow, what a resemblance , Your father sure looks like you. Good looking fellow he was beside that vintage car! congratulations on the milk cart too!!

Mary C. :lady:
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Steve,

Pretty close!

Thank you.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Off Topic