trying my best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: trying my best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 05, 2014 9:44 pm

The easiest way to get over a breakup is not to remember the good parts, it's remembering the BAD. You could of been doomed to a life you never signed up for. So think of the second chance you have and make plans for the future rather then dwell in the past. Keep a note book in your truck and while you are just sitting there sketch out your new build. Make a list of the things you want and narrow down a finished plan......then build it. At least now you have some money and can do what you want with it. Enjoy life Mike, cause you only get one chance.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gunguy05 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:49 am

And I like country music as much as the next guy.... But I would lay off of that for a while.

:o
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue May 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Trying my patience! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Ear worms can get you. Mine was Laura's theme from Doctor Zhivago.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Tue May 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Best way to get over a woman is to get another one asap. Repeat as required. Lots of fish in the sea.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Roly Nelson » Thu May 08, 2014 7:15 pm

65 years ago, I fell in love with the sweetest girl in the world. Yes, I was lucky to have found her and we were together for over 60 years, before she passed. Now she's keeping an eye on me and I ask her for help, whenever I need it. I know we remained together for such a long time, because we made an effort to 'honor' each other......all of the time. That is the glue that works, and all 3 of my offspring find that it has worked for them too. Somewhere, there is the perfect gal for Slow, that is yearning for the lifestyle he so enjoys. Treat 'em with love and respect, expect the same from her, and you have the winning ticket. Now, start throwing out that chum and enjoy life.
;) :D :thumbsup: Roly, the li'l ol' So Calif woody guy (and Stacker and Stealth Fighter TD)
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby PKCSPT » Thu May 08, 2014 7:47 pm

x2 Roly
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby alaska teardrop » Sat May 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Man, Slowcowboy, give us a break. This isn't the place to post about your life's self-induced trivial issues day after day. :thumbdown:
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dguff » Sun May 18, 2014 11:04 am

alaska teardrop wrote:Man, Slowcowboy, give us a break. This isn't the place to post about your life's self-induced trivial issues day after day. :thumbdown:

ditto!!
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jonw » Sun May 18, 2014 1:21 pm

You guys know you can ignore his posts if you want, right?
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 am

Slow I know its difficult but as I say so often ....This too shall pass. It is like mourning It seems like it is going on forever but the truth is it shall get less painful Get busy , Get a new hobby, Find a new something to help take your mind off of it.

Now to the other people on here who have been less than kind in their remarks to Slow. I want to remind you that you are not forced to read the post on here, you choose to and and to remind you, that to openly or otherwise be ugly to another on this forum you could get kicked off. If you are drawn to make hatefull and bullying remarks about anyone, may I suggest that you add them to your foe list so you will not be tempted. You can get kicked off for making those ugly remarks. There are a lot of people on here that get on my nerves and some I prefer not to read, but you will never hear me say an ugly thing to them cause mama taught me " if you can't say anything nice to a person don't say nothing!!!! You may consider this just a public forum but some considers this forum family because we camp together and actually see each other and partake meals together. We don't care to associate ourselves with bullies of the internet. This is a kindly reminder to read the behavior policies on this forum. Now to my user control panel................
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon May 19, 2014 11:52 am

For some people, these are their BEST and maybe only friends they have to reach out to. That being said.... If you don't care to read the posts by a particular individual on this forum, do as the previous post by Mary C said. You can make your profile so that comments are easily skipped over from those you don't care to read about. And as Jon W. posted, you can put your settings to do exactly that. Better yet, when you see an author posting that you would rather not get involved with, don't click on their subject.
And Slow, you might switch to classical music or modern jazz for a while as they don't have accompanying words to trigger something you'd rather not have come up.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby alaska teardrop » Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Mary C wrote:
Now to the other people on here who have been less than kind in their remarks to Slow. I want to remind you that you are not forced to read the post on here, you choose to and and to remind you, that to openly or otherwise be ugly to another on this forum you could get kicked off. If you are drawn to make hatefull and bullying remarks about anyone, may I suggest that you add them to your foe list so you will not be tempted. You can get kicked off for making those ugly remarks. There are a lot of people on here that get on my nerves and some I prefer not to read, but you will never hear me say an ugly thing to them cause mama taught me " if you can't say anything nice to a person don't say nothing!!!! You may consider this just a public forum but some considers this forum family because we camp together and actually see each other and partake meals together. We don't care to associate ourselves with bullies of the internet. This is a kindly reminder to read the behavior policies on this forum. Now to my user control panel................

Mary, I agree with all you say. I'm sorry that you thought my statement as bullying. I was simply reminding Slowcowboy of the same etiquette & respect for other members that you point out. After all, the woman that he publicly disparages & blames for his troubles is a member of this forum.
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 pm

Yes, she is a member, and thank you for clarifying (or reminding) others of this fact for those who may not be familiar with Slow's situation. Slow, you should remember this fact also. TDN
:surrender: Back to other postings.....TDN xoxo :duh:
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Phooey » Mon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Break-ups are very difficult, painful and emotional, that is why they should not be discussed on a "public" forum. Things could be said that can be misconstrued and feelings will be hurt even more. There is nothing wrong with letting people know that you have decided to end a relationship but the details are best left unsaid or discussed with those close to you. Please use discretion and PM your close friends for support and not discuss such a personal issue in a public way.
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Off Topic