Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: womanizing in pavillon wyoming!

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:18 pm

By the way, George, Happy Birthday and may you have many more! :wine:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:26 am

Well don't quit your day job, comedy's probably not your thing.

Thanks Sharon :D
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:03 pm

I'm siding with George, Slow. Keep yer day job! :lol: :roll: :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby unclemark » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:13 pm

I caught slow's meaning and his joke. I drove past pavilion twice last month but couldn't see it either time even though I didn't blink.
unclemark
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Unclemark...I see you joined 2 years ago and this was your first post. Welcome , good to see Slow was able to bring you out of the shadows! :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Re: DATING in pavillon wyoming!

Postby VijayGupta » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:06 pm

I took a look on Google Earth. Pavilion seems to be a town 7 blocks high and 4 blocks wide. Many of those blocks are one lot wide. 128 acres and it appears about 10% of that is a high school that must draw from a rural area. Population 210. I grew up in a small town, but nowhere near as remote or small as that. Also been to some remote areas in North Dakota, Montana, Ontario, UP Michigan, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, West Virginia, Alaska, etc. So I understand remote.

Probably the most remote was Moose Factory, Ontario: Take the highway until it ends, take a 2 hour train ride, take a cab across the village and a "water taxi" (canoe) out to the island. People there would load their pickup on the train a few times a year, ride it into "town," fill it with groceries and head back a few days later. Most meat was from Canada Goose and Moose. Kids got a few days off school the first few days of hunting season every year. In the winter, people would take off on 8 hour Ski-Doo commutes. Just a bit too remote for me, even with Amazon Prime.
VijayGupta
Teardrop Master

Re: DATING in pavillon wyoming!

Postby legojenn » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

VijayGupta wrote:Probably the most remote was Moose Factory, Ontario: Take the highway until it ends, take a 2 hour train ride, take a cab across the village and a "water taxi" (canoe) out to the island. People there would load their pickup on the train a few times a year, ride it into "town," fill it with groceries and head back a few days later. Most meat was from Canada Goose and Moose. Kids got a few days off school the first few days of hunting season every year. In the winter, people would take off on 8 hour Ski-Doo commutes. Just a bit too remote for me, even with Amazon Prime.

Oh that's not remote. Remote is where you have to fly in, but only when the lake isn't frozen, or drive in only when the lake *IS* frozen.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Mary C » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Slow, some people just don't get it. one of the towns/communities/metropolitan areas near me is just the same. Now all of you can jump on me, They are a backward community and they are all somewhat related to each other. There are jokes made in the past but lets just say........... Susie is the daughter of a man who is her grandfather and her brother is her uncles child and her mother is her aunts child. Now if womanizing is done it is usually a family member but not in public. I know that there are people on here that cannot believe this but honestly it happens. People who cannot believe it, are the same people who were raised in the church in large cities with all sorts of blind eyes to the rest of the populations. I was that way until I went to Europe and lived in a different culture. I realized as I got older that not everyone fits into the little cultural box that I grew up with. As I have gotten older and wiser I realize that going 10 miles can be a different world. Those who judge the world by their standards get older and more tunnel vision in their belief system.
My father -in-law was a kkk follower, He didn't go to meetings but he had a big conflict with me because I didn't believe the way he did. He went to death screaming he didn't want to see me. He said I was the child of the devil be cause I didn't believe the way he did. I was raised in the south and I remember open discrimination, My parents always taught me to be respectful of everyone They didn't raise me to hate on the basis of color or where people were from. I find people are different in Boston, Iowa, Texas and Louisiana. I learned not to judge people. Culturally Speaking we all came from different cultures, and not all are like you, Please before you judge look in the mirror, do you see your heritage, Can the food you eat be found on all the tables of America? Religion and our heritage is different and I love this forum that I have seen all manners of cultural upbringing on. So Please know When Slow tells you that the town near him is so small I don't believe he meant any insult to women nor did he mix words. there aren't any prostitutes in the city. So men can't be womanizing in the place. There are probably not any girls available to date there either. I think that some people want to slice the onion so thin that the world would cry!!
The way Slow was raised "Country " is how he talks and how he is but others seem to think he has to talk and walk like they do and believe me you, nobody can change the fact that he is country. I understand the way he writes and I been to college too. I could come out with the same type of BS language that some find necessary but because I not only have a college background I also have a social and culturally diverse background and the most important thing I learned is that someone somewhere can make fun of you too. So my message to everyone is Get over it if you don't like the way Slow talks and his posts then I suggest Use the block feature on your controls. I personally am tired of your sarcastic and ugly ways of talking to him and your remarks. I am asking the watchful eyes to take a look at the tone of the ones who constantly make hateful posts. I am making reference to the ones who are constantly correcting and using a belittling attitude towards him. Perhaps a good long look at your own way of posting should be looked at, Sorry Slow, I think your small town isn't going to be where you find Miss Right and I know going long distances to find love is difficult. My mama also taught me that if you couldn't say something nice then don't say nothing at all. Now, I will get down off my soap box.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve E » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Very well said Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 am

Time to look for a girl that already has kids, Slow. You get an instant family and she could be in your age group. Plus she has kissed a few frogs in her life and my be interested in a guy with no baggage who wants the same things she does.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

So...why are you not compatible with them? So far, you know what doesn't work, maybe it's time to make a change in your life. It's a give and take thing, if you think you can just be yourself all the time, regardless of her opinion, and get away with it, it ain't gonna work! If you are contacting with them via the internet, perhaps it's your communication skills that may need to be addressed. You can stay the way you are, (Einstein defines insanity as doing exactly the same thing time after time and expecting different results), or you can look at some ways that you might change to better your situation. It's your call. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Phooey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Have to agree with Doug on this one. I met and dated some "not so great" individuals that all kind of fell into the same category. After a particularly nasty experience I decided to try and figure out where I was going off trail and change it. Talking to someone knowledgeable and/or professional can be very enlightening. Perhaps your minister would be a good choice. Once I got some answers I made some major changes and met my present Husband. We have been married for 30 years. He isn't perfect but neither am I and I am happy as hell he didn't panic and run because I had two kids. Your call.
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby deleted » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 pm

slowcowboy wrote:not haven been married by age 39 I dont click with most women that age as most of them that are single are having grand kids or there kids are graduating highschool and I dont fit as I appear to be marrying my mom or something.

Seriously? Dating and or marrying a woman your own age is comparable to marrying your mom? Perhaps part of the reason things aren't working out on the dating front is because you are online chasing girls when you're at an age when looking for a woman would bring you more quickly to your goal of being in a relationship and settling down. Your own age is too old. Well, that says a lot right there. :? If the girls you're chasing make you feel like an old geezer then perhaps you should reassess your perspective on how old is too old to date. True, a woman your age is nearing the end of her safest child-bearing years but the reality is you're 39. Which really isn't that old at all unless you're chasing 18 and 20'ish year olds.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sagebrush » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Mike, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!
I was 41 when Lisa and I met :shock:
Neither one of was looking for a mate, it just kinda snuck up on us. :D

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I've already gone thru a 6 pak of Redenbacher's Microwave, Movie Theater, Extra Butter, Popcorn following this thread..........entertaining as hell!

:applause: :applause: :applause:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic