slow is thinking about hibernating a bit.

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: slow is thinking about hibernating a bit.

Postby 48Rob » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Mike,

If you post your life on face book for all to see, you have to expect someone will have an opinion and post it, which may hurt your feelings.

Instead of trying to find comfort, friendship, whatever it is you seek on face book, or teardrop forums, or whatever other kind of internet "reality" places you visit, why not consider something more personal, something that you can control? :thumbsup:

When you lay out all your feelings/problems/desires on the Internet there will always be someone ready to pounce.

There are a lot of very incredibly nice, sensitive, caring people in the local nursing homes and care centers that dream day in and day out of having someone...anyone to give a darn enough to just talk with them... :worship:

You would be amazed at the knowledge these people can share, as well as the compassion and experience they offer.
There are probably many that have an interest in camping, maybe even a few that have built or fixed up a camper in their lives.
No doubt some have fished the same lakes and streams...

You appear, and have appeared since joining here, to be searching for friendship.
While internet relationships and friendships can be formed (such as the one you and Steve have developed) in the end it is far easier, and much more fulfilling to have a close friend(s) you can visit regularly to share all your happy, and sad moments with.

Your reality is in Pinedale and vicinity, not the Internet.
Internet relationships can fill gaps, but there is nothing like spending time with someone who really cares about your stories, your life, and discovering that you really care about them! :)

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 pm

48Rob wrote:Mike,

If you post your life on face book for all to see, you have to expect someone will have an opinion and post it, which may hurt your feelings.

When you lay out all your feelings/problems/desires on the Internet there will always be someone ready to pounce.

Rob

Rob, this is exactly why I deleted my Face Book account..... Way! Way! to many "Drama Queens" and attention seekers. My wife convinced me I needed it to keep up with family, grand kid's etc which was no problem, then as people from high school and old acquaintance's wanted to be friends, the drama started. I do not have time for, nor do I want to know about everybody's dirty laundry and problems in life so I cut it off....got better stuff to do.

I belong to 2 forums this one, and a Hot Rod page, for the most part I really enjoy keeping up with, chatting and learning from a whole world of wonderful tear droppers/builders and motor heads.........Larry

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:47 am

chatting and learning

Larry,

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Chatting and learning about your hobby in your spare time, after you have spent time with your family and friends, that is what the Internet boards and rooms are good for.

Trying to do more/get more than that is when the trouble starts.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GerryS » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:41 am

What's bad about the Internet in general, is it has stripped away tru human relationships. Some of the "friends" I have on FB, I've not seen in almost 30 years and frankly wouldn't care if I did. Except for about a dozen people, what's the point....except those we truly hold close. Focus on them and evaluate who those people are very carefully. Love all, but don't all be part of your daily life.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby VijayGupta » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:08 pm

great reply, Rob.
VijayGupta
Teardrop Master

Postby working on it » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Redneck Teepee wrote:

Rob

Rob, this is exactly why I deleted my Face Book account..... Way! Way! to many "Drama Queens" and attention seekers. My wife convinced me I needed it to keep up with family, grand kid's etc which was no problem, then as people from high school and old acquaintance's wanted to be friends, the drama started. I do not have time for, nor do I want to know about everybody's dirty laundry and problems in life so I cut it off....got better stuff to do.

I belong to 2 forums this one, and a Hot Rod page, for the most part I really enjoy keeping up with, chatting and learning from a whole world of wonderful tear droppers/builders and motor heads.........Larry

Boy!, do I agree with your viewpoint. I have joined several different forums at one time or another, corresponding and concurrent with my hobby/focus at the time (various special interest car forums, racing forums, etc...). When my focus changed, I lurked/posted less, only popping up now and then. I've really enjoyed my time on this forum, and might be guilty of over-posting and sharing a bit too much of my erratic, possibly tangential thinking...but, it's among friends. Like Will Rogers, I can say that in my three outings with South Central Group, I've never met a "man" (or woman) I didn't like. So, I just say what I like, and feel at ease. However, like Redneck Teepee, I was talked into signing up for Facebook. I immediately received so much junk and spam and e-mails from wackos all over, not even trying to reach any family or friends yet, that I tried to dissolve my link after only a few minutes....yet my G-mail accounts are still getting "linked-to-Facebook" crap a month later. My few old-school forum links are plenty of enough networking for me. If I were younger, and more "sociable", maybe the "social network" would be perceived differently by me, but I'll stick with what I know and trust.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Vedette » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Instead of trying to find comfort, friendship, whatever it is you seek on face book, or teardrop forums, or whatever other kind of internet "reality" places you visit, why not consider something more personal, something that you can control? :thumbsup:

There are a lot of very incredibly nice, sensitive, caring people in the local nursing homes and care centers that dream day in and day out of having someone...anyone to give a darn enough to just talk with them... :worship:

You would be amazed at the knowledge these people can share, as well as the compassion and experience they offer.
There are probably many that have an interest in camping, maybe even a few that have built or fixed up a camper in their lives.

You appear, and have appeared since joining here, to be searching for friendship.
While internet relationships and friendships can be formed (such as the one you and Steve have developed) in the end it is far easier, and much more fulfilling to have a close friend(s) you can visit regularly to share all your happy, and sad moments with.

Internet relationships can fill gaps, but there is nothing like spending time with someone who really cares about your stories, your life, and discovering that you really care about them! :)

Rob

So well said Rob :thumbsup:
Hope he takes your advice.
Brian
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:58 pm

the hole world is now on facebook

This is not true.

I run my business, and life quite well without facebook.

If you don't like being insulted on facebook, then get off it.

If you want to complain, so be it, but expect a lot of people to continue to criticize you for complaining, but never taking any positive action to correct your troubles. :thinking:

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Phooey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 pm

This is not true.

I run my business, and life quite well without facebook.

If you don't like being insulted on facebook, then get off it.

If you want to complain, so be it, but expect a lot of people to continue to criticize you for complaining, but never taking any positive action to correct your troubles. :thinking:

Rob, you are so spot on in what you have said. :applause:
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:49 am

Rob, wise advice to anyone willing to listen. I too run my own business, have for 35 years and haven't needed face book and I've witnessed quite a few relationships destroyed because of it.
Slow, a hibernation usually last longer then a day. That wasn't even a nap. :lol:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby legojenn » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Rob

Where's the like button?
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby 48Rob » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Mike,

If face book helps you with your business, then that is great.

If technology is good for your business, then that is great too.

I don't know what the joke was, and don't care.

I'm not making these postings this to be mean or hurt your feelings, in fact I'm trying to help you with what to me, appears to be a problem you encounter often.

Once again, here is what I said;

Instead of trying to find comfort, friendship, whatever it is you seek on face book, or teardrop forums, or whatever other kind of internet "reality" places you visit, why not consider something more personal, something that you can control?

It appears that every time someone tries to help you, you find a way to twist and turn things around so that all your problems are the fault of someone else.
Perhaps there are far deeper considerations than I am unaware of and if that is the case, I sympathize, it can't be easy.
However, even with limitations you appear to be running a cow business, holding down a job, and doing many other things that put you on or very near the same level playing field as the rest of us.
We ALL have issues, every single one of us.
The main reason most of us manage to get along is because we have friends and family we can discuss things with, get advice from, and learn and grow because of it.

Not everyone is out to get you, make fun of you, or hurt your feelings.
Once again, technology is good.
Mixing technology with your personal life can be risky.

That is why I suggested trying to find some true friends, close by, that won't make fun, that won't hurt your feelings, and that will truly care.

If you aren't interested in taking advice, or have been burned too many times when you did, I can understand.
However, if you keep telling everyone here, and on face book all your troubles, you should expect that nothing will ever change.

If you ever become interested in changing your fortunes for the better, seek out someone who wants nothing more than to have a friend to talk to.
This person will not make fun of you, they will not be looking to buy or sell anything, they will not be looking for something in return.

The old folk’s homes and care centers are full of them.
The men and women who protected our country, the ones who built our country, the ones who raised the children that run our country; all they seek is to have a friend...pretty much the same thing you are (seem to be) looking for.

If you aren't interested in all this, that is okay, this is America. :thumbsup:
You have as much right to come here and complain as I do to try to help.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby nevadatear » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Once again, Rob, outstanding post! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Phooey » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Absolutely Rob! You consistently hit the nail on the head. In my book, there is no substitute for the real, flesh and blood people who I am lucky enough to call my friends and who will always have my back or be honest enough to tell me when I am full of horse pucky.
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Return to Off Topic