Worst SUPER BOWL ever

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Worst SUPER BOWL ever

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:50 am

DezPrado wrote:"Why, everyone knows It is the geographical center of North America and even has a marker to prove it!

Betsey 8) "

Well, how about that then, Another geographical point added to my touring list for when I finally land on your shores again.

Woodbutcher wrote:
What is Rugby? :lol:

Nicely played Woodbutcher. I naively presumed most in Nth America wouldn't have known what rugby was / is. Anyway back on track, why was Superbowl the worst ever?
Was it the decision to toss the ball?: a poorly executed game (by both teams)?;

As the game goes, this was at least a close game and by football standards a very good game. Both teams had a chance to win and the lead changed hands a few times. It was the bone headed call at the end of the game that made it bad for me. Seattle has one of the best running backs in the league and they try a slat pass on the one yard line. Duh! If you can't run it in from the one yard line with 2 tries, you don't deserve to win.

As for Rugby, I know what it is. It's Cricket that I find odd. When we traveled Australia it was everywhere and in every pub they tried to tell me why I should love it. But I just couldn't see the excitement in it.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:56 am

It's funny but I'd heard a radio person argue that the football league was getting like the WWE that the winner was determined by the owners at the beginning of the season. Now look at the last play in that light. the seahawls catch this fantastic fluke pass in the last seconds but they aren't suppose to win?!. :?
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby robfisher » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 am

RAYVILLIAN wrote:It's funny but I'd heard a radio person argue that the football league was getting like the WWE that the winner was determined by the owners at the beginning of the season. Now look at the last play in that light. the seahawls catch this fantastic fluke pass in the last seconds but they aren't suppose to win?!. :?

I've been told I'm a cynic but sometimes you just have to look at the evidence and call it like you see it. In the playoffs Green Bay almost made the mistake of winning. They had to take a dive to pull their loss together. Had they won I suppose there would have been some great cosmic disturbance and we would all be existing in some kind of space/time anomaly.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic