Going SOLAR with Dryer made of Camping gear

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Going SOLAR with Dryer made of Camping gear

Postby OP827 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Maybe someone already done that before here, but I'd share the idea anyway... a Solar Dryer.. :)

Nice day today in Alberta and it works for more than a full washer load!

OP827
Donating Member

Re: Going SOLAR with Dryer made of Camping gear

Postby tony.latham » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Curious idea. A bit out of the box. I guess eccentric comes to mind. :shock:

Have you calculated the efficiancy? Have you worked out the best angle for your northern latitude? Does that make much difference? :thinking: Doesn't that rack put your green house gas emissions over to the negative side? :roll:
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:57 pm

tony.latham wrote:Curious idea. A bit out of the box. I guess eccentric comes to mind. :shock:

Have you calculated the efficiancy? Have you worked out the best angle for your northern latitude? Does that make much difference? :thinking: Doesn't that rack put your green house gas emissions over to the negative side? :roll:

I think you are right. I made some miscalculations with exact positioning this SOLAR setup in out northern latitude...
A pair of currious bluejays came by and were sitting right above all clothes eating berries, but so far they behaved and nothing rad has happened. Next time will setup it well away from our montain ash tree.. :o
OP827
Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:15 pm

tony.latham wrote:Curious idea. A bit out of the box. I guess eccentric comes to mind. :shock:

The efficiency... around 0.0000002 power would be required in comparison to conventional dryer and ONLY when the process is done in a full darkness, it is for a camping headlamp to put the clohes on the lines.

Albertan economy may be affected. Putting clothes outside to dry :shock: :o :oops:
vs. running a 10kW dryer for maybe an hour, you know, like normal people ???? :shock:
OP827
Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Oh, clothes are dry already. That was quick, quicker than in the 10kW electric dryer.
OP827
Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:25 pm

That was my dear wife idea, thinking outsied the box. the ez up just sitting and collecting dust, so she suggested for that (and me to put it up) to do some work.

Ok, A second load on, but no pictures this time as the content may not be approproate for this forum :oops: , Sorry (it is a typical Canadian word for such or any other occasion).
OP827
Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:02 pm

So on a three day jaunt in the boondocks, or bush as you Canadians would say, how big of drying rack would my wife and I require? We don't get too grubby. At least she doesn't.

Eh?

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby OP827 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

a two-three foot small rack will do.
OP827
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic