What did you get upto today

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: What did you get upto today

Postby dales133 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:02 pm

I never ended up making it to work yesterday...after doing some qoutes i went into town to the magistrates court to get a court order and enlist the sheriff to recover some money i was awarded in civil disputes court in november.
Whats wrong with people.
They have owed me money for almost 12 months and had to go to court at everyones expense and they lost and still wont pay up.
They arnt short of a quid or two either
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Sheddie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:31 pm

Fenlason wrote:Darn I just posted something.. and it's gone. I somehow keep getting bumped off the forum.. and have to keep re-logging in. [where I am supposed to be automatically logged in each visit. :thinking: :NC I wrote… posted.. and then was told I needed to log in.. and then my post disappeared. :cry:

8) 8)

I have the same thing happen often :x
Problem is that you log on, but by the time you get something written out (expecially if it is long), your log in "times out" because it hasnt seen any activity. :roll:
What I try to remember to do when I write a long post, or get distracted during writing one, is to copy it before I hit submit, then if it does ditch it, I have it there to paste. :thumbsup:
But then there are the times I forget to do it. :x :frustrated: :throw PC:
Sheddie
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:55 am

dales133 wrote:I never ended up making it to work yesterday...after doing some qoutes i went into town to the magistrates court to get a court order and enlist the sheriff to recover some money i was awarded in civil disputes court in november.
Whats wrong with people.
They have owed me money for almost 12 months and had to go to court at everyones expense and they lost and still wont pay up.
They arnt short of a quid or two either

That sucks. I hope you get your money.

Years ago when I was self employed fixing gym and fitness equipment. I did some work for the State run Mental Hospital, and then I didn't get paid. I don't remember how long it took.. months at least. I wrote my government representative, and eventually got paid. Not long after I got paid, the same place called me wanting another repair. Needless to say I didn't go.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:57 am

Sheddie wrote:
Fenlason wrote:Darn I just posted something.. and it's gone. I somehow keep getting bumped off the forum.. and have to keep re-logging in. [where I am supposed to be automatically logged in each visit. :thinking: :NC I wrote… posted.. and then was told I needed to log in.. and then my post disappeared. :cry:

8) 8)

I have the same thing happen often :x
Problem is that you log on, but by the time you get something written out (expecially if it is long), your log in "times out" because it hasnt seen any activity. :roll:
What I try to remember to do when I write a long post, or get distracted during writing one, is to copy it before I hit submit, then if it does ditch it, I have it there to paste. :thumbsup:
But then there are the times I forget to do it. :x :frustrated: :throw PC:

Thanks… I will try to remember that. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby dales133 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Ive done rhe same thing plenty of times!
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I took it fairly easy yesterday. It was quite cold out.. and with no pressing need for the work in the barn to be done.. and warmer weather coming back again. I worked inside. I did some little things.. around my bike trainer location. I also did a lot of stretching. My hips and shoulders were rather sore. Then I did a couple hours of riding on my trainer.

Today.. back to the barn. First a trip to the lumber yard… then building more shelves etc. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:22 pm

I had to help with a fitness delivery at work today. A treadmill. It was close by… and not overly difficult, although some of that "ease" might be the weight training I have been doing this autumn. I hung at the shop for a little while… then home for more work in the barn. Getting ready to hit the bikes now. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby dales133 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:36 pm

What are you doing to your barn?
Is it new?
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:22 pm

dales133 wrote:What are you doing to your barn?
Is it new?

No.. it is not new.. but not a nice older barn either.. It is something I built. 20+ years ago. It has been added onto a few times. It has 6 added on sections. A few years ago.. we ended up having to store a LOT of firewood, and we do have a lot of equipment / tools etc. So in places the barn was / is sort of cluttered. We have been picking up and organizing. I just build a shelf / storage area in-between a couple of bays. Today I was working on a "walkway" from one of the earlier sections to the more recent area. Most of the newer area has a dirt floor. The walkway I had put down some pallets to walk on. I have taken those out and putting in a wooden floor. I hope to finish that tomorrow.. as well as connecting 2 overhead lofts.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:29 pm

I did get those next 2 projects done in the barn.

Last night we went to a party at the neighbors. They were having a big bon fire out back… a brush pile that has been building for a couple of years. There is a small hunting camp nearby.. so they had food and such also.

Today we headed Northwest of here [about an hour] to do a group trail ride. None of the "group" showed up.. just the leader, Laurie and I. Which meant we didn't have to wait for slower people…. or turn back sooner than we did. :D I got in a little over 31 miles on a nice snowy trail. It's a snowmobile trail.. and todays snow was gave us some pretty good riding… although 31 trail miles was a bit for me right now. I am sufficiently tired right now. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby dales133 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Thats a decent ride.
Looking at going out for a fish tonight... see how the wind holds out
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby SC Campbell » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 am

11 mile walk today then talked into a Zumba class (my first) then off to a fitness expo light rain here
WANTED: '45 Kit Kamper
SC Campbell
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 am

How was the fishing? Did you get to go?

How was the Zumba class?

I mostly took it easy yesterday. I did put up some trim boards on our loft. I am getting ready to get back to some plastering.

We did a fairly light weight workout also.

We had warm, windy and rainy yesterday.. which took most of our snow.

I am getting a late start today. I am not sure what I am going to work on?

I have decided I want to put a wooden floor in part of my barn.. although winter is when I normally work on the inside of the house. Some of the barn work will depend on the weather / temps ect. It's normally fairly cold and snowy making it easy to make the decision to work inside. This year we have had some cold and snow, but overall.. much warmer.

I do also tend to procrastinate on the plastering. Getting started back into it each year is a chore. It is semi messy… physically hard work, and worse now because I am working at the top of the dome.. in some hard to reach places.

The house is one we are building. We did start 20+ years ago… but it's been a slow process. [some of that is our addiction to trail building, and getting back into bike racing]
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby dales133 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Yea we got out fir a fish but it was pretty tough going.
Got a few sharks and that was about it for me.
My mate got a few snapper and flathead but nothing of any size so it all got returned.
Better luck next time as they say
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby SC Campbell » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:20 pm

I can walk 20 miles without any worries.

I can ride my bike 100 miles no problem

60 minute Zumba class kicked my butt.
WANTED: '45 Kit Kamper
SC Campbell
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic