Anyone using Keepass2 for password control?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Anyone using Keepass2 for password control?

Postby daveesl77 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:38 pm

With my KeePass system I keep it up to date. I use a very weird and hard to decipher database password, that I change regularly. I then use a wildly encrypted key file that is not kept on the same system as my database. I use a Linux system, that is running as an immutable virtual computer inside another linux system, all running through a VPN. This isn't tin foil hat time, it has to do with very real security problems. I started writing software in the 1970s, building computers and networks in the 1980s. Nothing is perfect and nothing is hack proof, but being safe is better than being sorry. Acutally, all this security does not affect my access speed at all. I use ad blockers, anti-trackers, and secure search systems. If a company wants to know about me, then pay me for the privilege.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Re: Anyone using Keepass2 for password control?

Postby Mike B » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 am

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but I mostly keep an eye on anything to do with cooking.

I use KeePassX to keep track of all my passwords. It works very well. Of course, this is on a Linux box. I have no idea how it works on other O/Ses such as Mac or Windoze.
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic