Aviation Enthusiasts Sound Off

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Aviation Enthusiasts Sound Off

Postby friz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:14 pm

tony.latham wrote:
friz wrote:From the west, line up at Ripon, follow the leader and listen for instructions on final. Done it many times.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In what?

T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rans Coyote.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Rans Coyote.

Coooooool! What engine?

I ran a Rotax 582 in my Avid till I ran it out and then switched over to a Subaru EA-81. Good times.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dave Gray » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm

I am pulling the fifth wheel up Saturday the 20th, and staying for the week. Fighter Jets are featured. three 3 zero two six 0 85 seven four
Dave Gray
Teardrop Advisor

Postby friz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:13 am

tony.latham wrote:
Rans Coyote.

Coooooool! What engine?

I ran a Rotax 582 in my Avid till I ran it out and then switched over to a Subaru EA-81. Good times.

Tony
912ul 80hp mostly. I worked the shows and would ferry planes.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Toplessartist » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Hey! I'm new to this forum but just thought I would throw out my aviation interests and habits! I am an Aviation Illustrator (MaggioAerotoons) meaning I draw/design/illustrate all things aviation or flight related. Military, civilian, real or fantasy, wings, gyro, feathers, etc. I have been doing this as part of my company MaggioDesign for many many years. As far as my aviation experience, well I was a Greenshirt on aircraft carriers CVN 72 (Plankowner), CVN 69, CV 66. For those to whom that is just a bunch of letters and numbers, we are the ones who launch and recover carrier based fighter/attack/transport aircraft in all weather and all situations! Greatest job ever!

So if you need aviation art, let's talk!
Attachments
Viper 12x18 f wm sm copy.jpg
Viper 12x18 f wm sm copy.jpg (298.24 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:14 am

Toplessartist wrote:Hey! I'm new to this forum but just thought I would throw out my aviation interests and habits! I am an Aviation Illustrator (MaggioAerotoons) meaning I draw/design/illustrate all things aviation or flight related.

Cool! :thumbsup: My Dad was an aviation enthusiast. He timed it all wrong by being born a year or two too late and the pre-flight programs he was in (for the Navy and then the Air Force) closed down before he graduated high school in 1945. (The year WW II ended, as you likely know.) Eventually he got a private pilot's license and bought a C-172. He tried to teach me some pen and ink techniques, and after he retired he took up oil painting with older aircraft as the theme (prewar and wartime Navy aircraft mostly).

Some Air Force instructors, in the position to know, said I'd probably kill someone if I was allowed to fly their planes on my own, and I had to agree. So I moved on and became a communications engineer. Worked in the Air Force and for defense contractors for the bulk of my career, but never close to aviation again.

Welcome to the forum!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby mountainminded » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:51 pm

When the weather is nice I’m forced to choose between traveling in my C172 or with the teardrop, but it’s a win-win decision! And those aircraft hangars turn out to be a secure place to store a TD in the off-season— I’ve still got room for 4 more!

Cheers,
-Rob

Rob Walker, Trailers4Two Bend Oregon
mountainminded
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Toplessartist » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:47 pm

How light is that teardrop? If it is light enough and you fashioned some wings and a tail I bet the little plane would tow it like a glider with no problems. See? I know my aerodynamics like the back of my head! Keep us posted.
Toplessartist
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Off Topic