offered and Airstream 30', needs work but good price

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

offered and Airstream 30', needs work but good price

Postby Bob Hammond » Tue May 02, 2017 9:09 am

Hello, we're planning on keeping our foamie Nutmg, but I've been offered a 30' Airstream that needs significant repair - the floor in the back end is rotted away as is common with Airstreams. It seems that the seams open up over time, due to mechanical stresses during towing and due to thermal expansion and contraction. But it could be a very nice for a base camp. It's at a price that is so low that I'm pretty sure I'd make money on it if I did nothing at all. Has anybody redone an Airstream?
Curator
Museum of Unfinished Projects
Bob Hammond
Teardrop Master

Re: offered and Airstream 30', needs work but good price

Postby Redneck Packrat » Fri May 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Bob Hammond wrote:Hello, we're planning on keeping our foamie Nutmg, but I've been offered a 30' Airstream that needs significant repair - the floor in the back end is rotted away as is common with Airstreams. It seems that the seams open up over time, due to mechanical stresses during towing and due to thermal expansion and contraction. But it could be a very nice for a base camp. It's at a price that is so low that I'm pretty sure I'd make money on it if I did nothing at all. Has anybody redone an Airstream?

Replying to subscribe to the thread. I haven't done it, but I have a semi-gutted '58 Silver Streak that was my dad's office at the farm, and before that was at the deer lease for many years with an 8x16 side shack built on it. It's got all the same issues as the one you describe. One of these days....one of these days.....

:thinking: :thinking:
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Return to Off Topic