Flue Shot

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Flue Shot

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:11 pm

So I got a call from Walgreens this morning, and the nice mechanical lady said their flu shots are in. Since Shelly just happened to already be driving there to pick up a prescription, I called her and suggested she should get it right away. When she got back, she said she'd gotten one, and also a shingles shot (something we'd talked about before). We agreed I should do the same tomorrow.

Later that afternoon, while working in the shop, I realized my memory, while very good, is also rather short, and, under the pressure of talking to the pharmacist while we are both in masks, I am likely to forget which shot that was (rickets?, beri-beri?, tennis-itus?). So I wrote it down on a scrap of paper and put it in my wallet.

I also figured, while out tomorrow, I should pick up some more varnish and foam brushes. I have no trouble remembering the varnish I'm using is Helmsman, but since all their containers are the same color, I'm likely to forget whether it is gloss, semi-gloss, or satin. Luckily, I had a scrap of paper in my wallet (for some reason) and wrote down the correct items so I'll remember them tomorrow at the hardware store.

I told Shelly about that at dinner, and she suggested it would be a good idea to write down the original reason for the trip, since I've been known to forget that once in awhile. Oh, incidentally, since I've been typing on computers for the past 30 years, my handwriting has deteriorated, and even before computers I never believed in correcting a spelling error if the person you are writing to also doesn't know how to spell the word.

So, you may wonder, at this point, why I'm boring you all with this. Actually, this is a note to myself. Since I invariably go to tnttt.com first thing in the morning, it'll remind me, even before I've had my coffee, that when I see the list

Shingles
Semi-gloss varnish
2" foam brushes
flue

I do have to go all the way to the drug store in Edgewood, and can't actually get everything I need at the hardware store here in Cedar Crest. :thinking:

Sorry to bother you!

Tom :FNP
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Re: Flue Shot

Postby rjgimp » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:37 am

So... I'll be interested in hearing your review of the chimney sweep you lined up to deal with that fourth item on the list.

:lol:
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 am

...up to deal with that fourth item on the list.

I would not have caught that but my editor would have grabbed on my leg like a cow dog and given me a good shaking. :shock:

:FNP :beer:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:01 am

Hmm, now that you guys mention it, that may be the reason the pharmacist couldn't give me a good explanation of what to do with this

163053 :thinking:

He did give me a bad explanation, but it was full of medical terminology that would probably be inappropriate to repeat on this forum!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Return to Off Topic