Surge Protector

Anything electric, AC or DC

Surge Protector

Postby Capebuild » Mon May 13, 2024 6:37 am

I'm realizing I should have a surge protector when plugging into a campground's elex supply. I have a 50 amp breaker between the shut off switch and my battery. Would that require a 50 amp surge protector? Or should I consider getting a 30 amp surge protector so the surge protector would blow before a surge would even reach the trailer? When I do plug in to the campground's power I usually use the 30 amp service they provide.

And any brand recommendations for a protector??

I should also add my maximum draw on my system is probably no more than 10 amps at any one time.

Thanks

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Re: Surge Protector

Postby foxontherun » Mon May 13, 2024 4:17 pm

John, I have this 30 amp surge protector on my rig and highly recommend it. It is installed inside my rig where sticky fingers can't run off with it, ha! It tells you what the input voltage is, how many amps you are using and also has warnings if there are issues like a power failure, low/high voltage, and if you have an open ground. I thought it was pretty easy to install. My shore power runs in one side and goes out the other side to into my breaker panel.

https://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-INDU ... 2008&psc=1

Harry :)
foxontherun
Teardrop Master

Return to Electrical Secrets