What would I need?????

Anything electric, AC or DC

What would I need?????

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:36 am

Hey Guys,

Getting my new Little Guy ready for the first camping trip and I am about to start wiring up a few gagdets like car stereo, 12 volt lights. Most of the places I'll be camping next month all have shore power hookups. To power all my 12volt appliances, what all do I need to hook up to shore power to run all my stuff?
sandman
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:40 am

Look at the electromate 400 a neat little gadget air compressor work light converter and inverter , It's what I'm lookin' at
Last edited by bobhenry on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby madjack » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:48 am

SM...wire all your 12v stuff to a battery and use a charger to keep them up at the campsite...I am going to use http://batterymart.com/p-battery-tender ... arger.html
this charger, hardwired to the battery and plugged into shore power when available...it is a little pricey but I have used some cheaper Vectors and Shumachers from WallyWorld and theydidn't hold up for me......
madjack 8)

p.s. once you hook up to 120vac, you should have a ground fault interupter in the line...I use an extension card that has a GFI plug on it..........MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Electrical Secrets