How much can I get by with...

Anything electric, AC or DC

How much can I get by with...

Postby tinksdad » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I know this has probably all ready been answered; but it's quicker to just post a new question than do all the searching.

Pre-divorce, the nudist park (Yes, I'm one of those!!) didn't have 110 hookups. I'm used to just plopping a battery on the bumper of the 23' Yellowstone hooked up to an inverter and extension cord to run a few appliances and taking the battery home every weekend to re-charge.

Now that I am planning an ultra-light TD, I would like a few creature comforts. Someplace to plug the laptop into in case the battery dies. etc. Maybe a blender.

Original idea was to go from a shore power hookup to a GCFI and maybe one or two more outlets. Do I need to expand my thinking?? Do I need an additional circuit breaker or anything else?? Space and weight is a definite consideration.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Dale M. » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:23 pm

I would add a breaker panel for shore power and have 2 or more circuits.... Consider several outlets in cabin area and at least one in galley....

Also consider on board battery for "12 volt system" lighting or appliances and a battery charger ...

This way you have best of both worlds and convenience out weights the few pounds of gained weight...

There may be times along the road where you need to stop over night at a place that may not have shore power, and battery lights are really nice to have...

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:18 pm

Wow gives a whole new meaning to "GOT PICTURES" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby tinksdad » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:04 pm

In central Tennessee look for me at Rock Haven Lodge. In Alabama, it's Gymno-Vita.

There are two greetings I use nowadays, depending on where I'm leaving from. At the parks, it's "Hope to see more of you next week." At Weight watchers, it's just the opposite...."Hope to see less of you next week!" :D
tinksdad
500 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets