Slowing down a FantasticVent

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Slowing down a FantasticVent

Postby MtnDon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:33 pm

A further thought on the wall mounted touch type dimmer... My experience with another DC touch dimmer indicates it has a low draw all the time. The unit I have draws zero after the power is switched off and back on. But as soon as the control is touched it has a continuous draw to remember the last used setting. It is a low draw, but I have never metered it. I do not believe it would be a concern in ordinary use. However, when parked and stored I don't know.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dales133 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Id agree with you mtndon on tbe chinese componants.
Ive recieved stacks of small electrical and other parts and if your prepared for a verry small percentage of duds you can save alot of money
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby vegask » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Just tried two different PWM controllers that were on amazon, both by RioRand. One had a reverse option, the other did not. The one with the reverse option made a ton of high freq/high pitch noise at low speeds. The non-reverse model made a grinding sound in the fan motor at low speeds. So both are on their way back to amazon, I have a 50ohm 25 watt rheostat on order I will try next.

Video of the reversing pwm model I tired.

https://youtu.be/PCuJ_Mj9-lQ
vegask
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets