My hatch progress

Anything electric, AC or DC

My hatch progress

Postby Georgeandpat » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:45 pm

I decided to deviate a bit from the Cubby plans (famous last words). I liked the look of the exposed spars on the hatch and decided not to skin the interior. The first thing I had to do was replace the plywood side rails with solid (oak) ones. Of course the wood had to be extra wide to make the curve ($$$ :cry: ). Then I realized that my license plate and hatch light wiring would be exposed which didn't appeal to me :( . I wound up removing the left side rail, routing a notch on top of it, and laying the wires in it. I did the same thing with the spar corresponding to where the lights will be :thinking: . I used brass screws on the side rails which will look real nice when all the oak is stained. So far, so good. I'm bending the 1" L-molding for the hatch sides tonight. This hatch has a real clean look if any of you Cubby makers are interested. All my spars and side rails are 1-1/2" x 3/4".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/ ... /hatch.jpg
George.
Georgeandpat
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:22 pm

Very clean. I just skinned my hatch this morning and its clamped down while the glue dries. There's no way I can leave the inside skin off with all the staples that missed the spars. Nice work!!! :thumbsup: I have the same layer of dust on top of my trailer. :lol:
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Georgeandpat » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:55 am

Thanks Bruce, Nice observation on the dust. By the way, it's not the dust that concerns me- it's the footprints in the dust! Some "critter" has been walking around the garage, probably a mouse. George.
Georgeandpat
Teardrop Master

Return to Electrical Secrets