How does one test a tow vehicle wiring harness?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby madjack » Tue May 10, 2005 11:43 pm

...pin #2 is for the electric brakes, very few vehicles come with an electric brake controller as standard equipment(some 3/4 ton+ trucks) the controller is an add on. You buy it at the auto parts store(ect, ect) or have the dealer install one, that is probably why the diagram does not show where to hookitup(blue wire)...OK...SO K
madjack 8)

p.s.Tom sez,
Would that be Bayou Rigolette on the Red River where you got yer Meat Store? You must be near Alexandria.

Jack sez, eggzactly(almost) I am right across the Red River from Alexandria (on the GOOD side)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby San Diegan » Wed May 11, 2005 1:13 am

Well, madjack, I think we put this one to rest. The Hunter has no brakes and at 650 lbs dry, I don't think that's going to be a problem unless I decide to bring my anvil collection to a gathering. The Hunter has a 6 pin connector on it's side, and I have a 7 pin to 6 pin adaptor. One loses the pin 7 center in that transition, but since the Hunter has no backup lights, I can skinny by that one as well.

BTW, the wiring harness already had a 20 amp fuse in-circuit with the connection to the tow vehicle battery. About the only things further I can think of are a battery isolator solenoid and/or a power cut off switch under the dash. For the time being I'll go without either and remember to disconnect the trailer from the car when stopped. Better to see how things go before I start one of my little improvement projects. :oops:

In hindsight, this was straightforward, but you helped clear things up in a hurry. I would have been scratching my head for months without your help. I really appreciate it.

Tom
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Wed May 11, 2005 1:20 am

Tom sez,
In hindsight, this was straightforward, but you helped clear things up in a hurry. I would have been scratching my head for months without your help. I really appreciate it.

Tom

Jack sez...de nada, that is what I am here for, to make sure the terribly confused are just........................terrible ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby San Diegan » Wed May 11, 2005 10:18 am

Now if you could just fix up Uncle Beadreau's accordion. Aunt V pitched it from the balcony one time when he was tanked up on home brew and it just ain't been the same ever since.

Tom
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu May 12, 2005 12:37 am

... :lol: :lol: :lol: better the accordian than Unka Boudreau hizsef, sounds like Aunt V might just be one of them pistol packin'women(or maybe just a rollin' pin and a sharp tongue)
madjack53
madjack
Site Admin

Postby San Diegan » Thu May 12, 2005 1:41 am

I believe a cast iron skillet is her weapon of choice.

San
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu May 12, 2005 9:28 am

San Diegan wrote:I believe a cast iron skillet is her weapon of choice.

San

...along with a sharp tongue a ci skillet is a near match for anything(kinda like my wife whenever she wears her combat boots) :lol: :lol: :lol:
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets