SIMPLE AC WIRING FOR TEARDROPS!

Anything electric, AC or DC

SIMPLE AC WIRING FOR TEARDROPS!

Postby darockrider » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:38 pm

Since the bulk of all electrical in my teardrop is 12VDC I didn't need much in the way of AC wiring so to make it quick and easy I installed a weatherproof cover on the side ofg the trailer with a 15Amp twistlock connector. It is mounted in a plastic electrical box and I used a 6outlet power bar which is directly connected to the outside twistlock. The beauty of the power bar is that it is prewired, has a built in circuit breaker and a master on off switch. Very neat and simple. A 15AMP circuit is more than sufficient to run the battery charger when required, occasional usage of the microwave and small 120electrical appliances that might be used.

For less than $50 canadian we are completely wired for AC shore power.

Gerald
darockrider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cutterpup » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:21 am

Way to go using the K.I.S.S. formula

I followed the Kuffle Creek plans and wound up running 120v wires all over the trailer from the tongue to the galley. I wish I had just run an Inlet at the galley.

Dan
Cutterpup
Teardrop Master

Postby toypusher » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:49 am

Cutterpup wrote:Way to go using the K.I.S.S. formula

I followed the Kuffle Creek plans and wound up running 120v wires all over the trailer from the tongue to the galley. I wish I had just run an Inlet at the galley.

Dan

Check my 'www' (Yahoo Photos) and look at photo #16, it shows my wiring. 120VAC on left and Battery on right. The 120VAC only has two outlets, 1 in galley (upper left) and one in cabin (lower left by circuit breaker). Everything else is 12VDC and I will have my battery charger along just in case the battery needs a little 'topping off'.

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Eledtrical Secrets

Postby rooster » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:56 am

I wired my teardrop 12VDC just like my house, white wire and black wire.
Black is the hot side and white is the common or ground side. My 110VACis done the same way. This is the first teardrop I have buildt but not the first. I had a 1956 Benroy and it was great.
Jim
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:06 am

...try www.knoxfoam.com or use the search feature at the topof board and enter "bedding"
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Electrical Secrets