HIDING WIRES ON SINGLE PANEL WALLS

Anything electric, AC or DC

HIDING WIRES ON SINGLE PANEL WALLS

Postby MontanaTeardrops » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm

I bet someone has done this before, but I thought I would throw this out there in case someone is looking for a way to conceal wires on a 3/4" plywood wall without using those ugly wire molds. This method is very easy to do, and costs almost nothing.

The simplicity of single panel plywood walls makes construction a lot simpler on a Teardrop, but when it comes to concealing the wires, I just didn't like the idea of using wire molds on the interior walls. After some thought, I decided to make the 3/4" plywood wall into a circuit board sort of speak.

Using an end mill router bit, I set the depth of my cut to 3/16". I did some tests of a piece of scrap wood to get the perfect depth for 2 runs of zip cord stacked one on top of the other. 1/4" was plenty of room to stack the two speaker wires or zip cord wires in the groove. I set them with a drop of hot glue every 3 inches to hold them in place until the aluminum skin is on. After i had all the wires in place, I used a oil based sealer to seal it all.

I will update this post with photos after I get the lights and switches installed.

MontanaTeardrops
Donating Member

Re: HIDING WIRES ON SINGLE PANEL WALLS

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:19 pm

I hope you never need to change or troubleshoot that wiring.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Re: HIDING WIRES ON SINGLE PANEL WALLS

Postby jonw » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 am

GuitarPhotog wrote:I hope you never need to change or troubleshoot that wiring.

<Chas>
:beer:

Exactly what I was thinking... :thinking:
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets