USB Sockets

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: USB Sockets

Postby George Taylor » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:57 pm

If you do not plan on boon docking or charging while driving (not sure why you would do that) you could always install one of the 120volt outlets that have the usb ports built in. They do not cost that much and work great, I have installed many of them in customers homes.
George Taylor
Teardrop Master

Postby KAD » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Strop wrote:Do these kind of power outlets USE power when nothing is plugged into them - therefore needing a switch to turn them on/off?

The one I have installed has an LED to indicate that it has power and the internal regulator always draws some, so I have it switched.
KAD
Teardrop Inspector

USB Sockets

Postby abqlloyd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

An iPhone charger is 1 amp. iPad charger is 2 amps. An iPad will charge on a 1 amp charger but it takes more than twice as long. I've never understood that.
abqlloyd
Teardrop Master

Postby GerryS » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:20 am

Amps is flow rate, voltage is pressure.

PSI and CFM if you wish. Think of filling a tire with one of those mini 12 volt compared to a shop compressor....it will do it, but you'll be waiting 30 minutes. The shop compressor will do it in seconds.

Same principal.
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby astrotrailer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:11 pm

I have 240 watts of solar on roof keeping a pair of Trojan batteries totally 225 amp-hours charged every day the sun shines. Haven't worried about power since. I just top of the battery cells every few months with distilled water. Cargo trailers have plenty of roof space so it is easy to put it to use.

I use the 2 port USB chargers that fit in the lighter sockets.
astrotrailer
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets