Best a/c un its, best for the money?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Best a/c un its, best for the money?

Postby gene so » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Hello,

In the design stage of my teardrop, I have purchased a near new pop-up camper that a low lying tree branch removed the top two feet. I intend on using all the fixtures and items in my teardrop. There is no A/C unit and I figure I can splurge and obtain one. My trailer will end up being nine feet long and well insulated since I was raised in Minnesota.

What a/c unit and how large would you recommend for me? Other campers have told me about the noise factors with some of these units. Whats the best A/C for the money?

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

Gene So
gene so
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Best a/c un its, best for the money?

Postby 48Rob » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:35 pm

The cheap 5000 BTU window units that sell for a hundred dollars or less work very well.
They/any unit, will work best when placed higher up, rather than down at floor level.
Any A/C can be noisy. If you spend a lot more, you might reduce it a bit...]
For the pure pleasure of being cooled off when it is miserably hot, a little noise is easy to ignore.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby lrrowe » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 pm

48Rob wrote:The cheap 5000 BTU window units that sell for a hundred dollars or less work very well.
They/any unit, will work best when placed higher up, rather than down at floor level.
Any A/C can be noisy. If you spend a lot more, you might reduce it a bit...]
For the pure pleasure of being cooled off when it is miserably hot, a little noise is easy to ignore.

Rob

Agreed. I for one have no issues with the AC noise. Many times while in campgrounds, it does help to drown out unappreciated noise.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:48 pm

One solution that has worked well, This is virtually silent and works well even with the intake and down low.

The write up is here http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44561
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets