Is This One Any Good?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby Arne » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:47 am

Just got off the phone with battery tender. The b/t plus and Jr. are similar in all respects except one. That is, the plus has a higher charge rate and has a 72 hour shut off if it does not reach full charge (float mode). It assumes a battery failure and goes to float to reduce fire hazards....

This is from their site.................................................

17. What happens if the AC power is removed from the Battery Tender Plus battery charger while it is connected to a fully charged battery?

If the battery is fully charged, then the Battery Tender Plus battery charger’s green light will be on. Once the AC power is removed from the Battery Tender Plus battery charger, the green light will go out and the charger not have any effect on the battery. The Battery Tender Plus battery charger is protected from reverse current, so it will not discharge the battery. Of course, like we said earlier when discussing nominal voltage mismatches between a battery and a charger, the battery will not be recharged either.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby weasel » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:44 pm

I might be able to get a converter from a pop-up. Could this used? And is this a good idea? Thanks Weasel
weasel
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:45 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:26 am

weasel wrote:I might be able to get a converter from a pop-up. Could this used? And is this a good idea? Thanks Weasel

u-betcha, it can be used...scrounging is good :D be sure it is in good shape physically...ya know...check for worn/broken/corroded wiring and such....you might also wanna run down the manufacturers website for technical info...probably a real good idea...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:33 pm

Another stupid question. I was thinking again and yes THAT can be dangerous, but could a Trickle Charger do the same thing as this Power Converter I have?

INTELI POWER 9100 40 amp

Thanks again and I will try NOT to think anymore.
Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:13 pm

...short answer is no...

...the trickle charger will only put out about 1r2 amps so for basic battery charging, it would take weeks if not months to get to 90% on a 50% discharged battery...

...the trickle charger would (probably) burn up if you left it hardwired to the battery(using shore and battery power at same time) and would discharge the battery if left hooked up at all times (using only battery or no power)unless it is designed for such usage (the Deltrans and the Intellipower are designed as such)...
...the Intellipower(and the Deltrans) are designed to be power supplies and smart battery chargers and are designed to be hardwired and left in place
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:16 pm

Thanks MadJack. That clears it up for me.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:31 pm

Ross Wade wrote:Thanks MadJack. That clears it up for me.

Ross

...de Nada...anytime ya got a glass o' muddy water just holler' and we will come up with an answer for ya (maybe even a correct one) :D ;)
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets