Television recommendations :specific requirements

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Television recommendations :specific requirements

Postby Verna » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 am

I loved my NAXA 19". I ran it on 12V all the time so I wouldn't need to change cords. It went with my Silver Shadow when I traded it for my new T@B.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby deceiver » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Verna wrote:I loved my NAXA 19". I ran it on 12V all the time so I wouldn't need to change cords. It went with my Silver Shadow when I traded it for my new T@B.

I'm glad to hear that. I've got one on order and with an unknown you take a risk. Hope I have as much luck as you.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Postby deceiver » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Okay, this is what I did....

Remember my requirements were a 12 volt TV with a USB port that would not just show pictures and play music but play movie files loaded onto a thumbdrive, usually in avi and mp4 or mkv format. I download a lot of movies from online and can load dozens of them on a thumb drive or SD card.

They don't make a 12 volt TV that plays movies via the USB port like in house TV's often do. Seems the RV television technology is a bit behind the times.

I ordered a NAXA 22" 2252 12 volt TV. There are just a few brands, Naxa, Axess, Proscan, and Supersonic. There is one from Austraila, not available in the Us that is expensive but has all the requirements.

I also ordered a digital streaming media player from Amazon. There are several models and brands. Most around $30. You plug it into the HDMI Port of the TV, insert your SD card or thumb drive with movies and it comes up with a menu on your screen and the option to play the movie on the tv. Oh... this model also plugs into a USB port (like on the TV).
Attachments
614-CnAai5L._SL1000_.jpg
614-CnAai5L._SL1000_.jpg (67.49 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets