Trailer lights, through the td?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Trailer lights, through the td?

Postby jjshoe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm

Are you running your lights INTO the TD, then out, where appropriate? If so, how did you enter the TD, and seal it against water? I have 7 blade connector on my TV. I can either run the lights under neath, and only run the power from TV into the TD, or I can run it all through the TD.

I could put a 7 blade vehicle end connector on the front of the TD, sadly though, I can't find any in white, which my TD is. Thoughts on what you did, or would do?
jjshoe
Teardrop Builder

Re: Trailer lights, through the td?

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:28 pm

I ran the 7-conductor wire from the connector up through the floor to a terminal strip. From there a 5-conductor cable through the teardrop goes to the hatch lid. My brake and stop lights are mounted on the hatch lid but the clearance lights aren't so there are separate runs from the terminal strip to those.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Re: Trailer lights, through the td?

Postby MtnDon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:33 pm

Through the floor is easier to seal than any other location, IMO.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets