after electrical work-adding on

Anything electric, AC or DC

after electrical work-adding on

Postby gene so » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Hello,
I greatly appreciate all the inputs I am receiving to this point in my trailer build. The insights I have received with regard to grounding has been precise and In going over my electrical needs I note I will need a 37 buss port to ground all electrical items. Never having seen one of these ports I am already wondering the simple logic of, after I end up running all the wires and complete the camper, what if I decide I want to add any extras for any other purpose? Since I am installing a sub floor for my electric and propane lines, how to access them in the future for repairs and how to add extra electrical lines, it would seem I should be addressing this issue now, rather than later, if the need should ever arise.
Obviously experienced campers have run into this challenge and coped with it. I would appreciate your input now, so I can adjust electrically while I am just starting to deal with the wiring issues.

Thanks in advance for any insights you may wish to share with me in this challenge.

Gene So
gene so
Teardrop Advisor

Re: after electrical work-adding on

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:22 pm

I always run all my interior wiring between the foot board and head board along the corner of the ceiling covered with a custom made hollowed out wood molding.
If the need arises there are a few screws with beauty washers that will allow me to add or whatever to my circuits.
I do not drill holes through the spars for wires with the exception of two ceiling lights drilled through one spar.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Re: after electrical work-adding on

Postby Dale M. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

Ummm.......... For your 37 port ground bar situation.....You can use a common "load center ground bar" (big box-electrical dept) and double up on connections in any singe "port" as long as you can get proper clamping pressures on conductors to insure good ground...

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets