Early draft of PD4045 step by step

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Early draft of PD4045 step by step

Postby springdew » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:42 pm

TigerHawk wrote:
springdew wrote:[*]If no battery, run a wire from the negative bus bar you set up in Step 7 to ( … where? I haven't found this answer yet.)
[*]

This is the question I really need answered. I was not planning to run/use a battery at this time with my PD4045. So for the d/c lights/fan, I will bring all negative to a bus bar, and then where? If I had a battery, I would connect to the Negative post. What about if one is not running a battery?

Sorry to take so long to get back to this. I did get my roof panels in and rough in my electrical wiring, but I still have not connected my PD4045. Haven't even made the box to mount it in yet. So much still to do.

I THINK the answer is this:

"If no battery, run a wire from the negative bus bar you set up in Step 7 to the lug marked in Fig. 2 as BATTERY NEG. -."

I expect that I should take Step 9 and just remove the battery from the equation. Hope that's right.
For everything there is in this world, there is someone who likes it.
Planning and build journal for Yiayia's Waggon: At Home on the Road

Spring Dew Foulger
springdew
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Early draft of PD4045 step by step

Postby springdew » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:49 pm

TigerHawk wrote:On figure 3 - Zac's Diagram - there appears to be an additional bus bar at the far right that includes an A/C hot to converter, and an A/C hot from the 2nd breaker (for the converter). My pd4045 has the A/C hot wire crossing from the DC side to the AC side. I was under the impression that this would just be directly connected to the 2nd breaker. The image leads me to believe there is another buss bar in there but perhaps I am seeing it incorrectly. Can you provide clarification?

Thank you

I don't think there's another buss. You do raise a good point -- why have a buss there to the right to handle a single connection to the converter? Could the wire indeed not go straight from the breaker to the converter?

By the way, I noticed the other day that the Precision Dynamics webpage about the PD4000 series had this to say:
Note: As of January 1, 2016, the hot buss in our model PD4045 and PD4060 is no longer supplied by Progressive Dynamics as it is not required for the proper function of the power center. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Service Department at 269-781-4242.

Do you figure this is the same buss they are talking about?
For everything there is in this world, there is someone who likes it.
Planning and build journal for Yiayia's Waggon: At Home on the Road

Spring Dew Foulger
springdew
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets