Great little wiring book STEP BY STEP HOME WIRING DIAGRAMS

Anything electric, AC or DC

Great little wiring book STEP BY STEP HOME WIRING DIAGRAMS

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:22 pm

Now that I'm wiring my teardrop I pulled out my trusty little book on home wiring. I wired my complete shop using this book and it passed inspection with no problems. It's 0nly 8 1/2" x 5" and 48 pages but it covers almost every wiring situation in a home and would be quite helpful wiring a T&TT. ISBN 0961920149 ,Danny

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096192 ... e&n=283155 :thumbsup:
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

wiring

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks ! I'll check on that, I'm pretty handy but never done any elec repairs and have a few minor and well, maybe almost major things to do around here. I'll leave re-wiring the house to someone else, but need to run some 12 gauge or so out to the barn (workshop) and put a breaker out there, some shop lights and a floodlight...

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:39 am

The little booklet is very specific, for example, one page to wire 1 light another page to wire 2 lights and so on.
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:57 am

That could be a handy book to have around. And it's cheap enough.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: Great little wiring book STEP BY STEP HOME WIRING DIAGRA

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:54 am

halfdome wrote:Now that I'm wiring my teardrop I pulled out my trusty little book on home wiring. I wired my complete shop using this book and it passed inspection with no problems. It's 0nly 8 1/2" x 5" and 48 pages but it covers almost every wiring situation in a home and would be quite helpful wiring a T&TT. ISBN 0961920149 ,Danny

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096192 ... e&n=283155 :thumbsup:

ATTENTION IRA!!!! Have you seen this!!! :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Re: Great little wiring book STEP BY STEP HOME WIRING DIAGRA

Postby Ira » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:54 am

toypusher wrote:
ATTENTION IRA!!!! Have you seen this!!! :)

It'll be more exciting doing it my way--improvising.

Kerry, where's your sense of ADVENTURE!?
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:14 am

Good information for home wiring. The price is right; will have to check it out. Wish it had sample reading on Amazon but sound like a good way to learn basic wiring.
I still use and old 1985 Ilustrated National Electrical Code Handbook by MaGraw Hill. I think at that time it was $30. Checked the page back thru Amazon and found the book I bought in '85 the new version is now $80. Ouch! In consideration the book has a lot more information and new standards in it's covers. It is a good companion to the NEC ( criptic code language ). The plus side is you have pictures to illustrate what the code means. Just FYI. You can always go by a Barnes and Nobles or Books a Million or Hastings or Technical Library and look at the content.

Pat :-)
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

12 Volt wiring...

Postby kayakrguy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:22 pm

Another resource...??

This may be familiar to members already but is new to me. The book I am reading is: 'The 12 Vold Bible for Boats', second edition (2002) International Marine/McGraw Hill by Miner Brotherton revised by Ed Sherman..

It is up to date in new technology, equipment and techniques. Clear, written for laypeople and allows you to build a 12 volt system safely... I have found it very helpful...

Jim
A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Edmund Burke
kayakrguy
Lifetime member

Postby kayakrguy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:00 pm

Sorry...that should have been 12 volt..not vold....
It is available on Amazon, I got mine for 3.51 from a used book store on Amazon...is remaindered, like new...

Jim
A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Edmund Burke
kayakrguy
Lifetime member

Return to Electrical Secrets