Are these Lights Street Legal or Approved?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby Chris C » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Asianflava,

I had to chuckle at your response. When I first started driving, not all automobiles had turn signals..............and even when they did, many of the older drivers still used hand signals because that's what they grew up doing. :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Blue Dots

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:11 pm

Here in Pennsylvania "Land of Taxes" these blue dots are illegal. However, I have seen those lights on some vehicles here in our state.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:33 pm

I think it's pretty much like a primary seat belt law (where you can get pulled over for not wearing your seatbelt, as opposed to to getting a ticket for not wearing seatbelts after getting pulled over from some other offense) ... If you have lights, they are visable, they work, your driving safely blah, blah, blah...you shouldn't have a lot to worry about with the police. If you have an accident, there is an injury or property damage.....the lawyers get involved, the insurance company deny coverage etc...you got big problems.

By the way...how do builders insure their homebuilds..or do they?
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Arne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Classic Finn (off topic): I have Nokian snow tires on my van, made in Finland. Am curious about how they are rated by locals in your country? Good/bad/middle of the road?
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:54 pm

arnereil wrote:Classic Finn (off topic): I have Nokian snow tires on my van, made in Finland. Am curious about how they are rated by locals in your country? Good/bad/middle of the road?

Arnereil - Im surprised to the choice of Tires, :thumbsup: And Im going to answer you
not only because Im from Finland and I try to buy products that are made
here...however...

In Overall The Nokia Tires are Rated as Excellent Tires - And they are very popular here... Including myself I also have the Nokian Hakkapelit 2
Winter Tires as well as The Nokia Summer Set...The quality is very high standard as well...

Are you using studded tires? We have studded tires on our vehicles here
for winter...

I know that some States wont allow studded tires in your Country...

Here is the site link and in English.. http://www.nokiantyres.com/english
folks here have been hearing of Lay offs and chances of Nokia moving abroad as any other company..Sad But True....

Rest assured you do have quality tires...
Best Wishes
Classic Finn :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets