converter or charger?

Anything electric, AC or DC

converter or charger?

Postby rampage » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 am

hi all
i was wondering if you can operate your 12v stuff while charging your battery with a battery charger at the same time? if so, i dont think i would need a 120v to 12v coverter since i will only camp 1 or 2 days at a time. i'll need some sort of 120 set up because i'll have air conditioning, microwave, etc. if this is ok to do, what would be the best charger to get for the money? do they make a charger converter combo? sorry if this info is in a thread already. i've been reading this stuff day and night since i found this board and i'm suffering from info overload...lol.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:24 am

Rampage, this is what I have been recommending it is a 4 stage switching power supply/charger and will do exactly what you want...ther are a ton of choices and has been widely debated...
madjack 8)

p.s. here is a good thread on the subject
if you goto search and enter convertor, you will get a bunch more...MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby rampage » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:14 am

thanks MJ,
i think i will go ahead and order the battery tender. ....or maybe i'm geting ahead of myself, i dont even have my trailer assembled. :thinking:
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:59 am

rampage wrote:thanks MJ,
i think i will go ahead and order the battery tender. ....or maybe i'm geting ahead of myself, i dont even have my trailer assembled. :thinking:

...ain't nuthin' like getting new toys...errr parts ;) as far as I am concerned, the accessory parts you have on hand before the build starts, the easier it is to place them...inna a tear, every square centimeter is real estate to be used for somthin'
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Electrical Secrets