Generators, ---Again

Anything electric, AC or DC

Generators, ---Again

Postby Waliczek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:17 pm

I have been playing around with getting a generator, for around the house for work and emergencies, also for camping.. I have located a 3000 Watt generator on sales at Cummins Tool, for $299.00. No 220v, two 115V outlets- 20Amp. 12V 10Amp DC,lugs. The manager Started it up for me, as he had one in the back room for demo, and it was really nicely quiet. 6.5 Horsepower engine, 3 Gal tank, weights in at 115lbs.

Has anyone used or owned this particular machine?

I think the price is right..

All comments are respected.
Thanks,
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Tom, how about a brand name...ther are a lotta 3000watt gennies out there ;) .............................................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 pm

Forget the brand name... give me the db rating first, then the brand name... :R

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:12 pm

Mike,

How about the vibration level?? Gotta have a place to set your wine glass down! :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:21 pm

:lol: You're funny Kerry... I'm not about to set my wine glass on a generator...

Nah, I'll set it on the picnic table that the campground gives me...

(Or if I ever get the table built for the Lil Diner, I'll set it on that table!

But I won't set it on the generator... that would be like Gage drinking his beer during an earthquake in California... (Duh, who would do such a thing?)

Seriously thought, one of these days I'll buy one one those Honda or Yahama ultra quiet generators...

Who hijacked this thread, you or I?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:24 pm

I have never hijacked a thread..............borrowed maybe! :D

PS: I know that you would never put your wine glass down on the generator, because you NEVER put it down! :shock:

:lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:26 pm

toypusher wrote:I have never hijacked a thread..............borrowed maybe! :D

PS: I know that you would never put your wine glass down on the generator, because you NEVER put it down! :shock:

:lol:
:rofl: :wine: :tipsy: :drofl:

Yep, that one is beyond words...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Waliczek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 pm

Ther did not seem to be any other name on the generator except Cummins Tool Co. I also jerked out the manuel, and checked carefully for the decibels, but no listing, except to say, it has a large quiet muffler. The muffler is oval shaped about 10"long and about 4" at it's widest part. It does run very quiet. A friend of mine has another model of a 3000 Watt, and his is louder by a long shot. I asked him how he uses it at the camp ground. He smiled and told me that he has a plywood and styrofoam frame to go around it, and he also offers to share his power with his neighbor. He said he has never had a proble, Go Figure.

Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 pm

Tom, did it look anything like this one...or was it this one...they actually look remakably similar...same manufacturer, different branding
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gaston » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:52 pm

unless its a fully enclosed generator don't even think of bringing it to a public campground. if they dont linch you they will at the least ask you to leave and take it with you ! I have a honda 2000 eu, one of the quietest , and I still have to be careful when I run it and where I place it . seems like a running generator is a magnet for complaints and a noisey one will get you linched! :D
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:15 am

Gaston wrote:unless its a fully enclosed generator don't even think of bringing it to a public campground. if they dont linch you they will at the least ask you to leave and take it with you ! I have a honda 2000 eu, one of the quietest , and I still have to be careful when I run it and where I place it . seems like a running generator is a magnet for complaints and a noisey one will get you linched! :D

But they let the big motorhomes run thiers. Go figure. :lol:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:28 am

mikeschn wrote: <snip>
But I won't set it on the generator... that would be like Gage drinking his beer during an earthquake in California... (Duh, who would do such a thing?)
Seriously thought, one of these days I'll buy one one those Honda or Yahama ultra quiet generators...
Who hijacked this thread, you or I?
Mike...
Mike, it's a lot easier than trying to have a glass of wine. I'll bet that Ira wouldn't even spill a drop. :lol: Try drinking a beer on a roller coster. :?

Have a good day.

8)
P.S. What was the topic again?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Generators, ---Again

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:37 am

Waliczek wrote:The manager Started it up for me, as he had one in the back room for demo, and it was really nicely quiet.
Tom

If he just started it, I would want to hear it under load. That's when they make the most noise. I have a Kipor and it's really quiet.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Re: Generators, ---Again

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 am

Sonetpro wrote:
Waliczek wrote:The manager Started it up for me, as he had one in the back room for demo, and it was really nicely quiet.
Tom

If he just started it, I would want to hear it under load. That's when they make the most noise. I have a Kipor and it's really quiet.

From what I have read about the Kipor vs. the Honda. I think the Kipor is the better deal. And it doesn't cost as much.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Waliczek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Madjack, it was the 2nd one, from Cummins Industrial tool co. It was the very same one I was looking at.

Tom
Waliczek
Donating Member

Next

Return to Electrical Secrets