Battery Bank Equalizer/Balancer

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Battery Bank Equalizer/Balancer

Postby flboy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

bdosborn wrote:I don't understand how it helps. You might be able to overcome the internal resistance of each battery and charge it to a bit higher level but not much since the batteries are still connected to each other and as such must all be at the same voltage. Then it seems to me that the batteries are going to discharge at different rates (per internal resistance) and equalize to the same voltage level across the array as soon as you apply a load. The unequal discharge rate would be compounded by any difference in resistance across the battery conductors due to different lengths. In short, the batteries are going to quickly seek their own charge level during use.

So how is it supposed to benefit your battery bank? Not trying to troll, I'm always on the look out for a new battery gadget. :D

Bruce

I have no idea.. that is why I am asking.. Anyone? I guess I do know at least this much.. I am not going to spend money on it.
Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Re: Battery Bank Equalizer/Balancer

Postby John61CT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 am

OK had a quick look.

This gadget is for balancing, nothing to do with the standard meaning of equalizing.

Say you had an EV @48V.

Not saying it's a good choice for that either.

But certainly nothing to do with the needs of a 12V lead chemistry House bank.

Rather than looking at the kajillion battery gadgets out there, solutions in search of a problem,

learn how to care for a House bank first, and then ask about appropriate infrastructure to suit those functions.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets