Do I need to add a 10A inline fuse?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Do I need to add a 10A inline fuse?

Postby DoctahDeane » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 am

Hey Experts - installing a water pump this weekend to pull cold water from an under trailer tank to the galley sink. Everything looking good so far. The pump instructions show/recommend an inline 10A fuse and none of that wiring is included. All of my other lights and so forth have a 7.5A fuse in the fusebox (for each circuit). My question is: when I wire the pump switch back to the fuse box (which is a run of about 3 feet), can I bump the fuse size in the fusebox up to a 10A and that's enough, or do I need an inline 10A fuse AND a fuse in the fusebox?

Thanks - believe it or not - OK, OK, don't hold me to this but, this is the last major functional area I need to be road ready. Waiting on bedsheets that I had to have made (unusual mattress size) and will likely add solar but this is IT! Really! I think??
I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. W.C.Fields
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Re: Do I need to add a 10A inline fuse?

Postby tony.latham » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:52 am

can I bump the fuse size in the fusebox up to a 10A ...

That's the way to do it. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby DoctahDeane » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:58 am

tony.latham wrote:
can I bump the fuse size in the fusebox up to a 10A ...

That's the way to do it. :thumbsup:

Tony

That's the kind of answer I like! Thanks a lot Tony.
I keep stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. W.C.Fields
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Postby DoctahDeane » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Eureka! It all works. One slight gaffe. I forgot to put a plug on the end of the un-needed hot water faucet so a minor flood at startup. DUH. All good, thanks again for the advice. Gotta upgrade the switch, it's little lame (and get a plug for the hw faucet and then pretty good shape for camping. In search of the perfect rain fly but these are the details that go on forever. Oh yeah, and solar. Anyhow thanks a million.
DoctahDeane
Lifetime member

Return to Electrical Secrets