Another Lady newbie

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby Grey Duck » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:47 pm

Katie&Craig wrote:Hi Sally,
I too have been lurking and finally signed on. I am stilll in the planning stage and I have read so many of these posts my head is spinning with idea overload! This forum is great!

I would like more info on the stainless steel solar fan you mentioned. Where did you get it and how much was it? Is it quiet? I am not convinced of our need to have a battery. Laterns work fine for me and we will have a shore power connector to plug in the electric blanket if cold in the winter. The only thing I couldn't figure out was the fan, which would be a great addition as we tend to camp in hot areas in the summer. A direct solar fan might be the solution!
Katie

Here is the one I am thinking about getting.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... 001/149254

More info:

http://www.icpsolar.com/4105/news_details.asp?news_id=8

Robert
I should put pontoons under my teardrop then I could lay in bed and fish out the door.
Grey Duck
Teardrop Builder

Postby savano » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:27 am

Steven, I did what you suggested and the tail light now works!!!!!!! First I scrapped away the red paint inside and around the bolt hole...nada. Then I ran a wire from the light bracket to the front where the other ground wire is attached and now everything works. Will go to MVD tomorrow. Then off to Home Depot. Thank you very much Steven.

This is why I like this forum so much. Everyone is so willing to help others solve their problems.

Katie, I found the solar fan on Amazon. I just now looked it up there and now they say none are available. If you can find it elsewhere that would be great. There is an outlet in the fan that I can insert two led lights. The two AA batteries are recharged by the solar panel so I can use the fan at night. The fan is very quite.

Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby savano » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 am

The links that Robert posted above are for the solar fan that I have. However it appears West Marine are out of them also. Sara
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:56 pm

Sally, glad it worked out for you!! Never be afraid to ask any thing around here you'll almost always get at least one right answer. :lol: :lol:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby emiller » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:22 pm

8) Hi Sally if you some help just call or email me or Bud off the www.azroundup.net and we can make a trip up there, we are always doing trips through that part of the state and I go to Chino Valley alot. See you soon Eddie Miller In Phoenix
Last edited by emiller on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby savano » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:15 am

Hi Eddie, Thank so much for your offer of help. I might have to take you up on it someday.

I stopped by Dead Horse Ranch on Saturday so I could see a real live Teardrop Trailer. Very impressive. I hope to join you next time. Sally
Sally
savano
Teardrop Advisor

Postby emiller » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:41 am

Sorry I don't remember meeting you I was burnt out by noon on Saturday because of all the people and the great turn out we had. That was the busyist gathering so far, it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Katie&Craig » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:15 pm

Robert and Sally,
Thanks for the info - the fan on the marine site looks like just what I need. I had done a quick search initially and had only come up with solar attic fans that cost three times what the iSun cost.

I also noticed they were out - I think I will try to order through the marine place anyway and see what they say. I haven't even finalized the design yet so I can wait on a back-ordered item for a few months!
Thanks,
Katie
Katie&Craig
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Grey Duck » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:06 pm

Katie&Craig wrote:Robert and Sally,
Thanks for the info - the fan on the marine site looks like just what I need. I had done a quick search initially and had only come up with solar attic fans that cost three times what the iSun cost.

I also noticed they were out - I think I will try to order through the marine place anyway and see what they say. I haven't even finalized the design yet so I can wait on a back-ordered item for a few months!
Thanks,
Katie

They are in stock! :applause:

Another view of the Isun

http://www.talcoelectronics.com/product ... p?id=70400

I like this fan because it can run in the rain.

Robert
I should put pontoons under my teardrop then I could lay in bed and fish out the door.
Grey Duck
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets