12V power supply

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: 12V power supply

Postby Greg M » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:17 am

For what you’re doing a simple 12 volt 10 amp power supply should be more than sufficient. If it’s inside the trailer, there’s no reason that it would need to be outdoor rated, and there’s no reason to add a battery.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby dmdc411 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:54 pm

I used a desk top computer power supply. I followed one of those YouTube videos also. My ps is 12vdc rated up to 14amps. With a Fantastic fan, and all led lighting turned on, there's something like 7.5amps being consumed. We never have all the lights on, so, I consider it a great match. Simple, and replacement ps is readily available!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Postby ArtMini » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 pm

dmdc411 wrote:I used a desk top computer power supply. I followed one of those YouTube videos also. My ps is 12vdc rated up to 14amps. With a Fantastic fan, and all led lighting turned on, there's something like 7.5amps being consumed. We never have all the lights on, so, I consider it a great match. Simple, and replacement ps is readily available!

I was planning on using a 12V fuse box after the power supply. Do I need a fuse for each item? Or will the transformer be enough? Does it have a power cord or do I have to make one?
HAVE FUN STORMING THE CASTLE!!!!
ArtMini
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmdc411 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

I fused each circuit. Fan, galley, 2 led cabin lights on each side, porch lights, each are a circuit. Here's mine finished. The meter is a amp meter from a machine I scrapped! Tow lights are on the left side nearest you, 12vdc power supply & fuses are left side also. Shore power,, 120vac in is on the right. ImageImage

dmdc411
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets