Did I Waste $3.99?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Did I Waste $3.99?

Postby D. Tillery » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:26 pm

So I'm at one of those close-out warehouses. You know, the kind you can't go to if you are looking for something particular but whatever you find there is really cheap.

After passing on the truckload of used snow-skis and "wife-beaters" (see my post in Off Topic http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=86628#86628) I found this and thought it may have TD applications so I splurged.

It is for easy wiring of 12V things. If on the outside chance anyone has been looking for something like this, they have a pile of them, probably for a reason. But hey $3.99! It might suck but it's really shiny.
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Looks like a pretty good idea. The only drawback that comes to mind is anything you want to use it for will have to have bare wire ends. Could be handy tho.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby s4son » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Chip,
Are those push buttons on the front and/or LEDs? Did you buy any "wife beaters?" Did they have any "Husband Beaters?" :hammer:

Scott F. :lol:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby D. Tillery » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:10 pm

The push buttons are black and red and control the spring loaded receptacles that hold stripped wires. Each one has a fuse on the back in the 3rd pic.

I haven't plugged in yet to see what all lights up. I'll let you know. But that plastic fake chrome is really shiny!

The wife-beaters would be husband-beaters if I showed up at home with some once "the boss" saw me.
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby EZ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:19 am

That thing acually looks like a good idea.....especially for the price. Not really high-end stuff but good enough for what I am doing. Does it use regular (auto) type fuses? I might have to find one of those somewhere. At least it is made by Bell. They make most of the stuff from compasses to key holders that you see hanging in the automotive department these days. I like it. Good bargain!!! :applause: :applause:

Ed
EZ
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Those look like the automotive "Mini" fuses.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets