Electrical plans - Group review please

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Electrical plans - Group review please

Postby BLTillson » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:37 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:Battery life is reduced at higher temperatures .. for every 15 degrees F over 77, battery life is cut in half. This holds true for ANY type of lead-acid battery, whether sealed, Gel, AGM, industrial or whatever.

https://www.intercel.eu/frequently-aske ... batteries/

So, at 92F, the battery life is halved.

In direct sun, when ambient temperature is 90F, the inside of my well insulated trailer routinely rises to 110F. So, at 110F, battery life would be about 25%.

Consequently, when not in use, I store my batteries in conditioned space.

:thumbsup:
~BLT~

Δοξάστε τον Θεό από τον οποίο πηγάζουν όλες οι ευλογίεςt
BLTillson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BLTillson » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:42 pm

featherliteCT1 wrote:
BLTillson wrote:
featherliteCT1 wrote:How do we know the switch is DC rated?

The specs on the switch do not specify AC or DC Simly a voltage and amperage that are within my circuit limits.

Regula generalis: si nulla DC specificatio, non DC aestimatio :NC

I think it is so important in life to admit when we are wrong and make sure those who correct us are thanked and proper apologies and repentance are observed. As I was working on my wiring diagrams (as opposed to my logical diagram posted here), I ran into a question of the amperage that the rotary switch I had selected would handle using DC voltage. featherliteCT1 had warned that my selection may not have been adequate for the intended task. I found the evidence that was missing that proved him correct. The crazy part was that it was printed on a label on the side of the switch. This was not in the specs or box by the way.

Rotary Switch.jpg
Rotary Switch.jpg (115.25 KiB) Viewed 161 times

I can still use it but I am probably going to use it to control the AC input to the converter instead. That is even a cheaper solution in regard to wiring since I have to use a lower gauge. So I stand corrected.
~BLT~

BLTillson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BLTillson » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:43 pm

As a follow-up I wanted to post this diagram. I took all the information I was given and converted my logical schematic into a wiring diagram. This was needed for actually planning out the trailer wiring. Should have started here but the only thing I knew was schematics having worked in electronics for a while many years ago.

Main Electrical Wiring Diagram.png
Main Electrical Wiring Diagram.png (159.86 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Funny thing, It actually looks simpler in this format. :thinking:
~BLT~

BLTillson
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets