Portable Power Supply

Anything electric, AC or DC

Portable Power Supply

Postby iamcarriesue » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:36 am

Dear all electrical masters,

Does anyone know anything about one of these? http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112732&whse=&topnav=&browse=
How long would it last? (obviously depends on what you hook up to it, but generally speaking, with normal use, is this a 2-3 hour unit or a 2-3 day kind of thing?) Can you charge it up while running other gear off of it?

thanks for your help!!
Karen
iamcarriesue
Teardrop Builder

Postby GeorgeTelford » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:15 am

Hi

They usually only include a 17 Ah battery (so you can carry it!!)

you should neverdischarge below 50% so lets say you have 8 Ah

TV takes around 2.2Amps so Under 4 hours TV

Light 16 Watt 1.3 Amps so 6 Hours light

Generally speaking not long.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby iamcarriesue » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:07 am

Thank you George!

That totally takes care of that question.

You guys are all great! Thanks for all your help and always taking the time to answer by dumb newby questions :thumbsup:
Karen
iamcarriesue
Teardrop Builder

Postby Todah Tear » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:31 am

Hello,

I purchased the Black and Decker version from Wal-Mart and it meets all of my electrical needs. It has overload alarms, the 2 AC sockets are switched - no need for a disconnect on a separate panel. Wal-Mart even sells DC extension cords. THe Black and Decker version is a good deal. Best thing is that you can walk in and buy it w/o paying shipping and handling; take it home and try it out. I had all of my fans and some AC apparati on for about 2 1/2 hours and it was still working fine (I was ready to go to bed, otherwise my test would have run longer) At any rate, I think the best feature is that it may be recharged via the DC connector or the AC connection (AC is best.).
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets