electric inlet

Anything electric, AC or DC

electric inlet

Postby okiecamper » Sun May 14, 2006 6:16 pm

i just got a little guy td camper, 5wide , and want to add a ground electric inlet.

any suggestions as to where i can put it? i wan t to use a power strip with
surge protector to run coffee pot, etc.
i am ver new to this, thanks.

phil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby PaulC » Sun May 14, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi Phil and welcome to the obsession :? Just bought one and already looking for modification advice :shock: Sorry to say that you are already hooked. At least you have come to the best TD site for advice and help.
By the way, Madjack should be along shortly asking for pics because he just luv's da pics 8)
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 14, 2006 9:13 pm

Welcome Phil
I know you must be enjoying your tear! Are you wanting something permanant or have you considered using a portable?

Seems modifying is the fun part here.
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jagular7 » Sun May 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Phil:

I'm in the same td :) , though I'm getting a Pleasant Valley version of the Little Guy on Tuesday. Going to be camping in Disney, OK with my son this weekend and wheeling the Jeep.

Anyways, my plans are to:
- set up interior wall to separate the kitchen area, add additional interior shelving
- set up another lower cabinet for large items under counter top - propane tanks, coffee maker, microwave, etc.
- wire interior for 12v and add electrical power converter/charger
- triangulate the tongue, make it longer, add storage box, add battery
- add side steps with protective tubing that goes to the front tongue from the wheelwells and has built in splash guard for the front
- add hitch frame to carry hitch tray for firewood and bike rack
- add rear stabilizers
- add awnings over the doors
- look into adding vw windows up front
- and I'm still thinking of others :roll:

For bedding, plan to use air pads and couple of sheets, sleeping bags.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby Boodro » Sun May 14, 2006 10:07 pm

Hey Okie, welcoeme ! Good to hear your a TD'er !!

If you want to unstall an electrical plug to hook up to camp power , you can get a heavy duty 3 prong female plug at almost any elcetrical parts store( Lowes,HD,Menards) . I would suggest a 30amp socket at least. The type I used has 3 flat blades & it twists & locks into place. You can mount it anywhere that you want . Usualy it is on the drivers side of the trailer , but some have put it on the passenger side too. Make sure your get a matching male connector for the heavy duty cable that you will use to hook it up to the camp power! It would be a good idea to install a single breaker box in the TD too, That way you are protecting the equipment. Wire up a standard plug in the galley to plug in your power strip. Good luck!
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Electrical inlet

Postby Sandy Claws » Tue May 16, 2006 7:18 am

Okie, Get a Sun Coast RV catalogue and turn to page 297. There are 15 and 20 amp inlets that will take a standard ext cord for about $20. or a 30-50 amp inlet with locking weatherproof plugs for $65-100. :thinking: I guess it depends on how much of a load you will be putting on it. The site is: suncoastrv.com Good luck!
Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest! Mark Twain
Sandy Claws
Teardrop Builder

Return to Electrical Secrets