Super deal

Anything electric, AC or DC

Super deal

Postby rooster » Sun May 28, 2006 12:16 pm

In our town we have a hardware store with old fashion wood floors and I just love to just snoop around for super deals.
I needed a battery box and found one with no price tag. I asked the girl and was told they were on sale for $6.99. I bought it. Its a Tempo Power Center w/ hold down strap and battery charge indicator that has LED lighting. It even has a 12 volt adapter w/ 10 amp fuse.
I found the price sticker on the inside when I got home, $24.99. WOW.
I'm going back and ask them if they made a mistake.

Jim, :thinking:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sun May 28, 2006 2:06 pm

I was on a motorcyle trip and had forgotten my jacket. I stopped at walmart and found an ugly green thing for $21.00.. it fit and seemed at least water resistant..... at the register, it rang up as $2.00..... I did not question it. I paid and left.... I have found trying to straighten things out causes confusion and costs me time trying to explain things.

Enjoy your purchase....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun May 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Yeah, if the store mistakenly marks it, or rings it up and doesn't catch it , then it's not your fault. Maybe it's a favor in light of Ira's experiences (read Larwyn's recent post too) haha

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun May 28, 2006 4:14 pm

If it's Walmart or Home Depot, I leave my conscience in the parking lot, (wonder why?). But if it is one of the local businesses, I tell the clerk if there is a mistake. The local business people have a hard enough time as it is competing against the mega-corporations. I try to go to my local hardware store as often as possible just to keep my money in the local economy too.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Re: Super deal

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 28, 2006 4:35 pm

rooster wrote:In our town we have a hardware store with old fashion wood floors and I just love to just snoop around for super deals.
I needed a battery box and found one with no price tag. I asked the girl and was told they were on sale for $6.99. I bought it. Its a Tempo Power Center w/ hold down strap and battery charge indicator that has LED lighting. It even has a 12 volt adapter w/ 10 amp fuse.
I found the price sticker on the inside when I got home, $24.99. WOW.
I'm going back and ask them if they made a mistake.

Jim, :thinking:

:applause: :thumbsup: Good for you Jim. Walmart might have the ability to make up that kind of money but the local stores don't. Most of the time thier markup isn't enough to cover a loss.

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jo_tigger » Sun May 28, 2006 4:52 pm

comments retracted
Last edited by jo_tigger on Tue May 30, 2006 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richard
Austin, TX
jo_tigger
Donating Member

Postby Nytewyng » Sun May 28, 2006 5:02 pm

I agree Rooster, I went to the HD mega store looking for a few fittings for a power washer that was leaking like a siv , of course they didnt have them.....went to the local mom and pop hardware store , they WDE 40'd the fitting ran thenm on a power wire wheel put in a new "o" ring , charged me 38 cents for the O ring and I was on my way.........
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby zapj » Sun May 28, 2006 10:26 pm

I bought a coleman stove along with other items today from wal-mart and yes I was not billed for the stove. I got to the door and the total price kept ringing in my head and it was less than the cost of the stove. NO..I went back and told the cashier about a possible error. It was an older lady who probably was working like the rest of us to make ends meet. She was so thankful as she explained the electronics could record the item but a fault could have prevented the price from posting which meant she could have been fired or charged the amount because she failed to verify. Yes the $40 loss would have helped me and not hurt Wal-mart but at what cost to the lady who could have been a grandmother or mother to some one.
zapj
Donating Member

Postby jo_tigger » Mon May 29, 2006 12:09 am

I neglected the most important thing. The best thing that could happen is you clear your conscious. :worship:
Richard
Austin, TX
jo_tigger
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Mon May 29, 2006 11:16 am

Morals is morals!
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Super deal

Postby rooster » Mon May 29, 2006 9:27 pm

Now read "Super Ideal" for the rest of the story . . . .

Jim, :applause: :applause:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets