Toilets

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Toilets

Postby Karen Clancy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

We use two 5 gallon buckets I cut one bucket off at about half way up use Hefty black kitchen bags put a bag in to one then the cut off bucket into the first one ,that way it keeps the bag in place & raises the total height to a standard handicap height toilet ( 17 " ) easier to get up from . Inside the bag we use miracle grow water saver crystals it absorbs the pee . On the rim of the one you rest you behind on I got a water noodle & cut a slit into it length wise to fit over the rim nice and cushy for the tushy . We put this into a Ozark trail shower / potty tent . Works good for us .. Also double for a changing tent
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/y8l7jrvm
It is what I have. I did add a booster to bump it up to fit my 6'4" frame better. Plus it serves as a storage container.
There are pictures in my album is you can access it

Plus it is on sale.
When I got it I was able to obtain some "bag containers" that allow it to be tossed into any trash container safely.

I am not sure the tent is available these days but it is a Cleanwaste privacy Tent. Very easy quick setup when you really need it.

Once when I had plumbing work being done I was very happy to have it in my trailer... with TV viewing. :shock:

Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby NotJammer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

All good tips. I am not putting in a black tank and a toilet.

1980 I was camping just over the border on the Sea of Cortez. 1 hour from Tucson. Beautiful beach. Really clean. No toilets.

I walked over the sand dune inland and holy sh**. TP for miles. We used the same area with a shovel, but I think the constant wind uncovered everything. At least the wind was always blowing north!

We were 2 couples in a Pop Top. For some reason, I did something I never do. I put my wallet under me, we went to sleep. The next morning we woke to razor cuts in the Pop Top tent, 2 purses, and a wallet were gone. We never heard or felt a thing. I had my wallet. The others found everything closeby except cash. And cash was king in 1980.

I like solid walls.
TIN CAN COLLEGE
School of Hard Knocks
Everyone is an alumnus
NotJammer
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets