Back Roads Travel

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Back Roads Travel

Postby TLC » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:08 pm

For those of you like me who like to travel the back roads of America, at a pace slow enough to actually see something, here's a publication you might be interested in. It's called "American Road" magazine. It's articles feature scenic roads throughout the US, that includes all the can't miss places. Very informative magazine. I never plan a trip without first consulting previous issues. Check it out! www.americanroadmagazine.com

Tom :)
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby caseydog » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:33 pm

We feature at least one road trip in every issue of American Driver, too. Our Tourmaster, Ted Glover, is a member of several car clubs, from Porsche to Austin Healey, and he has tons of great trips mapped out.

Some of Ted's routes are designed for spirited driving, but others are about the scenery. The latter are the ones we feature in the magazine.

I've done several of the "spirtied driving" routes, but now that I have a TD, I'll be trying some of the more "scenic" trips, too.

You can check us out at: www.americandrivermagazine , or our first publication, www.texasdrivermagazine.com

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TLC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:23 pm

Caseydog:
Thanks for the come back and I'll check your magazine ASAP. I need more reading material for the winter months!!
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:27 pm

I'm in Texas and I drive.....I guess I'll look for the mag.

People give me such a hard time for owning so many cars. I only drive my truck but I'm paying insurance on all of them (that's the crazy part).
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby caseydog » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:41 am

asianflava wrote:I'm in Texas and I drive.....I guess I'll look for the mag.

People give me such a hard time for owning so many cars. I only drive my truck but I'm paying insurance on all of them (that's the crazy part).

If your cars are considered "collectors" cars, you can insure them as such. Your premium is based on how much you drive them. And, you can set a value on them, so if your car is wrecked, they don't try to give you a lowball settlement on a car with collectible value.

Haggarty and State Farm are a couple we have dealt with.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:21 pm

I've looked into "Agreed Value Insurance" at one time but I haven't revisited it. My SL meets all the criteria but one thing they didn't like was that I'd use it occasionally to for mundane duties, like run errands or go to work. The other cars are just cars I have.

I actually have to get rid of 2 of them but I haven't gotten around to it. A 90 Civic and a 04 Civic. I'll probably donate the 90 but my wife has to find the title. The 04 was my mother-in-law's car that I have to sell, it only has like 18K on it even smells new.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Camping Secrets